» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: NO jail time for Chris Brown?!

Written By: anabel on 06/22/09 at 5:01 pm

Dear Rhianna,

Just a letter to advise you that your life is not worth a penny. You were beaten senseless by your "boyfriend" to the point you were almost unrecognizable and he threatened to kill you.  Then because you decided to hide from the problem and not press charges, and never even testified against him, all he has to do is serve a little bit of Community Service and a meaningless Probation.  Oh, I'm sure he'll never do it again, but I wouldn't take that to the bank if I were you.  ;)

What a wonderful example you are setting for young girls to follow.  Let him beat you, do nothing about it, and hopefully it will never happen again.  Hopefully.  And young men, treat women any way you please, you'll probably only get a slap on the wrist and you can go about your business....

Looks like the beginning of another OJ and Nicole kinda love story....

For more on this ridiculous turn of events as they unfold:  http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=415548&GT1=28102

Subject: Re: NO jail time for Chris Brown?!

Written By: Michael C. on 06/22/09 at 6:39 pm

Very sad....But how true...
She's gone from Victim to Enabler......

Dear Rhianna,

Just a letter to advise you that your life is not worth a penny. You were beaten senseless by your "boyfriend" to the point you were almost unrecognizable and he threatened to kill you.  Then because you decided to hide from the problem and not press charges, and never even testified against him, all he has to do is serve a little bit of Community Service and a meaningless Probation.  Oh, I'm sure he'll never do it again, but I wouldn't take that to the bank if I were you.  ;)

What a wonderful example you are setting for young girls to follow.  Let him beat you, do nothing about it, and hopefully it will never happen again.  Hopefully.   And young men, treat women any way you please, you'll probably only get a slap on the wrist and you can go about your business....

For more on this ridiculous turn of events as they unfold:   http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=415548&GT1=28102

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/09 at 7:32 pm

He'll break the protective order and end up right back in front of the judge.
::)

Written By: anabel on 06/23/09 at 9:49 pm

^ Hopefully she won't end up in the hospital or morgue first!

Written By: tv on 06/24/09 at 11:49 am

Chris Brown...he should have been in jail for 2-3 years for what he did.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/09 at 8:21 pm

^ Hopefully she won't end up in the hospital or morgue first!

Indeed.  Up here in Northampton there's a plaque marking the spot across the street from the courthouse where an enraged man gunned down his ex-wife in 1999.  She had just taken out a restraining order against him.  The real crazies often get triggered by protective orders.  I don't know if Chris Brown is that out of control, but if I was the judge, I'd want to make damn sure before letting him back on the street.
::)

Written By: Midas on 06/25/09 at 11:12 am

There was a report that he had leaked demos of tracks titled "Not My Fault" and "Smash" :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/25/09 at 11:27 am

Dear Rhianna,

What a wonderful example you are setting for young girls to follow.  Let him beat you, do nothing about it, and hopefully it will never happen again.  Hopefully.   And young men, treat women any way you please, you'll probably only get a slap on the wrist and you can go about your business....

For more on this ridiculous turn of events as they unfold:   http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=415548&GT1=28102

Why would she be one in the first place? Is she any different from all the other popstars before her? Celebrities are as dumb as the rest of us and we all know it so let's just stop looking at them as examples to follow please ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...