» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Trying to find the words to the ADULT version of Dangerous Dan Mcgrew

Written By: wendyanne41 on 08/25/09 at 4:39 pm

My 85 year old grandfather has asked me to see if I can locate the words to the adult version of Dangerous (or Dirty) Dan McGrew.  He believes it was written in the late 1800's, and it is NOT the Robert Service version.  I tried locating it in the other internet search engines but to no avail.  In the first paragraph there is a referral to a "son of a bitch named asshole Pete".  If anyone can locate it for me I would greatly appreciate it!

Subject: Re: Trying to find the words to the ADULT version of Dangerous Dan Mcgrew

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/25/09 at 9:53 pm

My 85 year old grandfather has asked me to see if I can locate the words to the adult version of Dangerous (or Dirty) Dan McGrew.  He believes it was written in the late 1800's, and it is NOT the Robert Service version.  I tried locating it in the other internet search engines but to no avail.  In the first paragraph there is a referral to a "son of a bitch named asshole Pete".  If anyone can locate it for me I would greatly appreciate it!

I can't find the version involving that SOB named Asshole Pete, but here's something that fits the bill.  And yes, I think there's an MP3 somewhere in there, or at least a Flash-hobbled audio recitation of the old folk poem/bawdy drinking song:  Dangerous Dan McGrew

The rhyme scheme also matches a more modern parody - John Valby's Big Ass Lil and Yukon Pete.  Same rhyming scheme, set in Alaska, you know the drill by now... Valby's the filthiest (and funniest) piano player on earth, and has been doing this sort of thing for 35 years.  He's an icon unto himself... and if your granddad's lookin' for the adult version of Dangerous Dan McGrew, I can gauran-damn-tee you he'll dig Valby's take on the story of Dangerous Dan's nemesis.

Check for new replies or respond here...