» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Rollerskating, making a comeback?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/09 at 6:10 pm

There is a rollerskating rink, reopening in Australia.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/oak-flats-rollerskating-rink-to-make-comeback/1551221.aspx

Subject: Re: Rollerskating, making a comeback?

Written By: gibbo on 09/13/09 at 8:51 pm

We actually have at least three operating roller skating rinks in Brisbane, Australia. So, The Oak Flats rink is not the only rink in Australia...

But. all the rinks I went to (back in the day) are gone!

Written By: wildcard on 09/13/09 at 10:21 pm

Our rink got stomped on buy hot shot kids with rollerblades and eventually went bankrupt. I use to love roller skating and still have skates. 

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/15/09 at 8:13 pm

I'm glad the same roller rink I used to go to as a kid is still open for business!  :)

Written By: midnite on 09/15/09 at 9:39 pm

Here in New Jersey, the girlfriend of one on my buddies insists that rollerskating is making a comeback.  But I think it may just be popular in her little rollerskating enthusiast circle.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/15/09 at 9:41 pm

we have several rollerskating rinks around here.

Written By: mooster on 09/18/09 at 5:22 am

There is a rollerskating rink, reopening in Australia.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/oak-flats-rollerskating-rink-to-make-comeback/1551221.aspx

Wouldn't have a clue about roller skating rinks around here - back when I was a teen ice skating was all the rage! There are at least two in my area - one newish one - and the other one has been going for almost 30 years!

Written By: KKay on 09/21/09 at 11:53 am

We have one here in town, about three years old and everyone loves it.  I have been rollerskating in the park for a year; funny that people stop me and
say, "Are those rollerskates?"

I tell them to go get some and meet me up sometime in the park.  It's easy and it's really fun to be a little retro when you exercise.

Written By: Tyler on 10/04/09 at 10:59 pm

Hi,
I'm 16 and I didn't even know what roller skates were untill recently.  I'm just a teen who wears a hat backwards/to the side, so I guess I don't know much about things that were popular in the past.  I like to skateboard, a few months ago when I was skateboarding an older person asked me how come kids don't use roller skates any more...I said you mean roller blades, I use those sometimes.  (I thought those words were interchangable) He said no not roller blades, rollar skates, and explained the difference.   I said wow, I didn't even know about those.  Then a few weeks later I seen someone with roller skates, that was the first time I seen them.   They don't have any roller rinks in my town in Iowa.  They have an ice rink and a skate park, which are cool for me.
-----Tyler

Check for new replies or respond here...