» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 9 of the Fastest Cancellations in Television History

Written By: woops on 10/02/09 at 2:34 pm

9 of the fastest cancellations in TV history

Note of error: the picture of show #2 was taken from the movie, the cartoon series was released on DVD sometime ago (Here's the YouTube link of the theme song)

#1 is a '60's stinker that got canned half way from the debut episode

Most of the shows are from the past decade (also the most jarring), which I'm sure there was several shows that only lasted for one or two episodes in the 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's.

edited: mispelled fastest...how idiotic  :P

Subject: Re: 9 of the Fasted Cancellations in Television History

Written By: woops on 10/02/09 at 2:40 pm

One glaring omission:

"You're In The Picture"

1960 game show featuring Jackie Gleason ("Honeymooners") that lasted two episodes, which on the second episode Gleason apologized to the viewers about the travesty.

Ranked as one of the 50 worst shows ever by TV Guide some years ago.

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/09 at 7:20 pm

I remember The Mike O'Malley Show.  NBC promo'd it like crazy.  I knew it was short-lived, but dang :o

Mike O'Malley had a better shot on CBS as Jimmy Hughes on 'Yes, Dear', one of the funniest sitcoms of the 00s

Written By: robby76 on 10/02/09 at 9:48 pm

Mike O'Malley had a better shot on CBS as Jimmy Hughes on 'Yes, Dear', one of the funniest sitcoms of the 00s

I love "Yes Dear"!

Subject: Re: 9 of the Fastest Cancellations in Television History

Written By: Step-chan on 10/21/09 at 7:03 pm

9 of the fastest cancellations in TV history

Note of error: the picture of show #2 was taken from the movie, the cartoon series was released on DVD sometime ago (Here's the YouTube link of the theme song)

Ah, the Garbage Pail Kids. I read somewhere about the real reason why.

Check for new replies or respond here...