» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Disney princess movies

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/15/10 at 11:59 pm

Pick one!

Subject: Re: Disney princess movies

Written By: gibbo on 03/16/10 at 1:11 am

Beinga 50 year old male...I don't actually have any favourites in this bunch. But I either saw them when I was younger or watched them with my own kids. So...I chose the classic Snow White. Beauty and the Beast would be my second choice on your list.

The best animated 'princess' movie I have seen though was ... Anastasia (about a lost Russiian Princess)..but I don't think it was a Disney film.

Written By: robby76 on 03/16/10 at 11:29 am

Pocahontas - mainly cause I love anything to do with Native Americans.

Little Mermaid was great and if we're talking 00s, then Amy Adams as Giselle!

And does Mulan count? That was alright.

Written By: Animation Nut on 03/16/10 at 2:10 pm

The mass marketing of the Disney Princesses for little girls kinda ruined the "All Ages" appeal of the Disney films...  :P Though even as a little boy in the 1990's I never cared for the films until I gave "Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs" a chance on television a few weeks ago.

It was OK, though some parts was boring and the scene with the witch being defeated was lame since she basically defeated herself.

Written By: nupur on 03/16/10 at 2:52 pm

Aladdin for sure, but they're all so good!

Written By: nally on 03/16/10 at 5:15 pm

Yeah, they're all real good; I can't single out just one of them (however, I have not seen Pocahontas yet).

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/17/10 at 10:10 am

Vote for The Little Mermaid, we can't let Snow White get all the votes!

;D

Written By: robby76 on 03/17/10 at 10:35 am

Vote for The Little Mermaid, we can't let Snow White get all the votes!

;D

I know!!! I mean I'm all for the classics, but the later ones were pretty much on the ball in all aspects.

Written By: nupur on 03/17/10 at 10:42 am

The best animated 'princess' movie I have seen though was ... Anastasia (about a lost Russiian Princess)..but I don't think it was a Disney film.

Yes, Anastasia was also a great film! You're right, it's not a Disney movie; it's from Fox. I always thought it was a Disney movie, but I finally found out otherwise just last year!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/17/10 at 7:10 pm

Cinderella, ella, ella.

Check for new replies or respond here...