» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The awesomess, that is..... John Ratzenberger

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/28/10 at 9:16 pm

Interesting fact, I picked up from Wikipedia:

Apparently, he is "the 6th most successful actor of all time, as measured by a total box office of over $3,000,000,000".

Thanks to his appearances in......

Up

Toy Story 1 and 2

Wall-E

Cars

Ratatouille

The Incredibles

Finding Nemo

Monsters, Inc.

A Bugs Life

Superman II

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back

Superman

He also appeared in......

Gandhi, Falcon and The Snowman, Firefox, Protocol, That Darn Cat, Outland, and Reds.

Whew!!!!!

;D

And finally......

Ratzenberger, was also a tractor operator at the Woodstock Festival.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ratzenberger

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001652/

Subject: Re: The awesomess, that is..... John Ratzenberger

Written By: topforty on 03/30/10 at 1:06 pm

It has to be said ... Cliff Clavin is the only other person in the world that could come up with that little known fact about Mr. Ratzenberger.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/30/10 at 6:49 pm

I'm still trying to picture Cliff Claven driving a tractor around Woodstock!
:D

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/10 at 6:55 pm

On a 1982 episode of 'Cheers', Norm comes into the bar and tells the gang that he took Vera to see 'Ghandi'.  When asked how he liked it, he said he didn't know because technically he's still watching it, he's "getting popcorn" LOL

I can't remember the full bit of that episode, but I do believe it was Cliff who asked him how the movie was

Written By: loki 13 on 03/30/10 at 7:18 pm

I just watched House II the Second Story, he is the Electrician and Adventurer.

John Ratzenberger plays a huge role off screen as well in trying to get today's youth to become tinkerers.
He is part of the Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs Foundation, a foundation for young men and women to use
their hands, become tradesmen and artisans. The world continues to build but we're losing the skilled
people to build it.

http://www.nutsandboltsfoundation.org/word-from-john.cfm

Written By: Bobby on 04/01/10 at 9:16 pm

For me, John Ratzenburger will always be Cliff Clavin from Cheers. In my eyes, Ratzenburger was very lucky to carve out a massive voice-over career with Disney/Pixar as a lot of actors have trouble getting away from their typecast roles, especially a role that has lasted as long as Cliff (10/11 years in the role?).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/03/10 at 12:22 am

On a 1982 episode of 'Cheers', Norm comes into the bar and tells the gang that he took Vera to see 'Ghandi'.  When asked how he liked it, he said he didn't know because technically he's still watching it, he's "getting popcorn" LOL

I can't remember the full bit of that episode, but I do believe it was Cliff who asked him how the movie was

My Dad made a special point of taking us to see Ghandi.  All I knew about Ghandi was from a mention of him in a Unitarian Universalist documentary!  So what's up with the bald guy in the robe and the glasses?  Oh!  That's what he did!  Ben Kingsley is a really intense actor.  If you haven't seen a movie called "Sexy Beast," you should!  Just don't watch it with your children.  Ben Kingsley plays a psychopathic organized crime boss, billed as "The Anti-Ghandi," "Sexy Beast" uses the c-word more than any other movie, and Ben Kingsley's character shouts most of them!
:o

Written By: Bobby on 04/11/10 at 2:02 pm

My Dad made a special point of taking us to see Ghandi.  All I knew about Ghandi was from a mention of him in a Unitarian Universalist documentary!  So what's up with the bald guy in the robe and the glasses?  Oh!  That's what he did!  Ben Kingsley is a really intense actor.  If you haven't seen a movie called "Sexy Beast," you should!  Just don't watch it with your children.  Ben Kingsley plays a psychopathic organized crime boss, billed as "The Anti-Ghandi," "Sexy Beast" uses the c-word more than any other movie, and Ben Kingsley's character shouts most of them!
:o

Yes, I've seen that film. It has Ray Winstone in 'Sexy Beast' as well. Kingsley is by far the best actor in the film.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/12/10 at 11:42 pm

Yes, I've seen that film. It has Ray Winstone in 'Sexy Beast' as well. Kingsley is by far the best actor in the film.

Great film, great actors, but it doesn't feature John Ratzenberger!
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...