» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Favorite doomed relationships of all times.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/10 at 4:06 pm

What is your favorite doomed relationships of all time?  You know, ones that are doomed to begin with?

EW magazine complied a list of their favorites....

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20353903,00.html

Here are here my top 12.........

12)  Marty Fly and Lorraine Baines McFly

Marty goes back, in time and has to get his parents together. unfortunately, his mom hits on him, and almost has sex with him.

Oops.

11)  Neo and Trinity

Trinity brings Neo, back from the brink of death in part one, and Neo returns the favour in part two.

Their prize?

Killed by a machine and scarifying himself to a computer, in order to stop a war.

10)  Peter Parker and Mary Jan Watson

They had been through a lot, from Peter dating Gwen Stacy, to Venom menacing Mary Jane, the both of them being evicted, Mary Jane suffering a miscarriage, and Mary Jane supposively  dying in a plane crash.

Yet they stuck together, until Peter's Aunt May nearly dies, and Peter makes an bargin with the devil. Her life is spared in turn, all of Peter's memories of his wife, are gone.  Guess what he chooses?

9)  Archie Andrews and Betty Cooper

Poor Betty, perpetually stuck being the second banana, and stuck on the side lines, while Archie and Veronica go out.

8) Catherine and Vincent

She's a tough minded investigator, and he's a lion-human hybrid, who saves her from being killed.  

Things should work out for them, shouldn't they?

7) Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa

Kissing your sister, is kind of awkward, and then your best friend comes along, and hits on her, and kisses her, too? Even more so.

6)  James Bond and whoever come along.

His job doesn't exactly have a long time benefits package, going out for him.  Forget about marrying, or getting too close to him, your going to get killed.

5)  Indiana Jones and Dr. Elsa Schneider

Turns out, she has been siding with the Nazis, all the long. After trying to grab the Holy Grail, Elsa falls to her death.  That's what you get for siding on the wrong team.

4)  Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor

You're sent back in time, to prevent a unstoppable killing machine, fro killing your mother, and retroactively you in the process, only to have your dad, killed by the same machine, that would have probably killed you and your mom, any way.

That's gotta sting.

3)  Superman and Lois Lane

At some point, he's going to get tired of saving her, time and time again.

2)  Selene and Michael Corvin

He's a half human/half werewolf and she is a vampire.  Their kids are not going to look that great.

Plus, their relationship, is not going to end up well.

Finally....

1)  Jade Butterfield  and David Axelrod

She is 15. He is 17. Things get all hot and heavy, the parents object, dad gets hit a car, dies, her house gets burnt to ground (by David, of all people), and David ends up at loony bin.

Anyone else have a favorite TV or movie doomed relationship?

Subject: Re: Favorite doomed relationships of all times.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/10 at 4:08 pm

Almost forget about about Luke and Laura....

America's favorite soap opera couple!

Guess how they hook up?  At a disco, where Luke and Laura, have a "incident".

;D

They later on get married!

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/10 at 4:26 pm

Then there is Anakin and Padme....

They both met on the planet Naboo, met again years later, Annkin goes all bat **** crazy, and starts killing people, Padme ends eventually dying, but not before giving birth.

When Anakin finds out, he flips out and joins the dark side!

;D

and Michael and Kay

Michael and Kay, have an on again/off again relationship.  Unfortunaly, Michael is in the "wacking people's knee caps", business.

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/10 at 5:14 pm

Almost forget about about Luke and Laura....

America's favorite soap opera couple!

Guess how they hook up?  At a disco, where Luke and Laura, have a "incident".

;D

They later on get married!

;D

They weren't "doomed." Their marriage lasted a lot longer than many real life marriages. But yeah, their start was a bit...um...not too kosher.  :-\\  So, they are now calling rape an "incident"?  ???

If you want a doomed relationship from GH-try Robin & Stone.

Others:

-Richard 'Rick' Blaine & Ilsa Lund from Casablanca.
-Richard Collier & Elise McKenna from Somewhere In Time.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/10 at 5:28 pm

They weren't "doomed." Their marriage lasted a lot longer than many real life marriages. But yeah, their start was a bit...um...not too kosher.  :-\\  So, they are now calling rape an "incident"?  ???

Others:

Cat

I wasn't sure how to describe their meeting, in a more delicate term, but you do have a point!

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/10 at 5:37 pm

Also a another memorable doomed relationship, was Mel Gibson and Patsy Kinsit's in Lethal Weapon 2.

Martin falls in love again, only to have his girlfriend killed and shot by her boss.

Then there Young Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlock saves his girlfriend from a cult, from being mummifed, too bad she falls through a frozen lake and drowns.

And finally, Johnny and Sarah's in the film, The Dead Zone.

Johnny gets out of the hospital after being in a coma, finds out that she's getting married, to guy working for a senator who is psycho.

Johnny kills the senator after tries to a use baby for a shield, only to be shot himself for his trouble.

And Sarah is too late to save Johnny, from being killed.

Written By: Frank on 04/07/10 at 1:38 pm

James Bond got married in "On her majesty's secret service" and the wife dies, gets shot. Diana Rigg portrayed her. She was a hottie.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/10 at 2:14 pm

Cyrano & Roxanne.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 04/07/10 at 5:25 pm

James Bond got married in "On her majesty's secret service" and the wife dies, gets shot. Diana Rigg portrayed her. She was a hottie.

Speaking of James Bond, in 'License to Kill', James' old pal Felix Leiter gets married, and you knew that she was going to die.  She was played by Priscilla Barnes, who is best known as Terri on Three's Company.  Still, my favourite on that show between Cindy and Chrissy

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/12/10 at 11:49 pm

Yahweh and Lucifer

Persephone and Hades

Adam & Eve and Innocence

Lot and wife

Written By: whistledog on 04/14/10 at 5:21 pm

Pee-Wee Herman and his little pee-wee.

http://www.bobbyworks.com/images/mug%20shot%20paul%20reubens.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/10 at 6:36 pm

Others:

Cat

ohhh Robin and Stone (now that was true love!!!)

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/10 at 7:08 pm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Tj4NmoRZYpg/S05NYVCeLbI/AAAAAAAAE6M/bwWZ5Tin5i8/s400/Buffy-Angel-Gellar_l.jpg

Buffy & Angel

not just because he's a vampire and she is a vampire slayer.....

years before they met Angelus (evil Angel) was cursed after killing a beloved gypsy girl. His store was restored, causing Angel to become good.
If Angel were to ever experience pure joy- find true happiness- then he would lose his soul and become evil.  Fast forward a few decades and Angel meets Buffy and falls in love with her...one night they make love and Angel experiences true bliss thus turning him bad again....

Eventually the "curse" is restored along with Angel's soul and the two lovers know that despite their love for each other they can never be together (in that way) ever again because of the consequences.... 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/10 at 12:27 pm

ohhh Robin and Stone (now that was true love!!!)

I had the feeling you would approve of Robin & Stone.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/10 at 12:36 pm

I had the feeling you would approve of Robin & Stone.

Cat

one of the things on my DVD Release Wishlist is that soaps would edit and release dvd sets of specific storylines. not clips like they did with the VHS Luke & Laura on the run but full eps- reedited to cut out the non essential storylines and plot points.... hell I'd take it with the non-essential story line and plot points...   anyway  one of the things I would want is a Robin & Stone DVD set.  that would be awesome.

(I also want a set that includes all the storylines from all the nurses balls!)
(Definitely want a reworked Luke and Laura set)
(also one where Anna was kidnapped by Grant; Robert Scorpio & Katherine Delafield; the hostage crisis at the port charles hotel  ;D )
(from AMC Jenny and Jesse running away to NYC)
(I'll let Cat fill in the OLTL storylines she'd want... I'd want the whole Marty rape trial tho!)

sorry did I go off topic?  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/10 at 2:43 pm

one of the things on my DVD Release Wishlist is that soaps would edit and release dvd sets of specific storylines. not clips like they did with the VHS Luke & Laura on the run but full eps- reedited to cut out the non essential storylines and plot points.... hell I'd take it with the non-essential story line and plot points...   anyway  one of the things I would want is a Robin & Stone DVD set.  that would be awesome.

(I also want a set that includes all the storylines from all the nurses balls!)
(Definitely want a reworked Luke and Laura set)
(also one where Anna was kidnapped by Grant; Robert Scorpio & Katherine Delafield; the hostage crisis at the port charles hotel  ;D )
(from AMC Jenny and Jesse running away to NYC)
(I'll let Cat fill in the OLTL storylines she'd want... I'd want the whole Marty rape trial tho!)

sorry did I go off topic?  ;D

I'm going to continue with your off topic, topic. I As for me with OLTL-I would have to say Marty & Patrick and of course Max & Luna. (Though you could say that Max & Luna was a doomed couple).

But I would LOVE to have copies of Port Charles-ALL of it. It was SOOOOO good and I was SOOOOO mad when ABC canceled it.

Ok, back to the topic (unless you have more to add, Q.  ;) :D ;D ;D  )

Cat

Written By: Frank on 04/17/10 at 5:08 pm

Ernie and Bert

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/10 at 2:28 am

Ernie and Bert

;D

This video gets funny about :46 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1R8zrVuWP4&feature=related

Written By: Frank on 04/26/10 at 5:24 pm

;D

This video gets funny about :46 seconds in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1R8zrVuWP4&feature=related

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/10/10 at 8:59 pm

Me and this crazy blonde I dated about 4 years ago.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...