» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Band = Song Title = Album Title

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/20/10 at 12:03 pm

I can think of a couple off the top of my head

"Art in America" by Art in America from the album "Art in America"
"Bad Company" by Bad Company from the album "Bad Company"

"Talk Talk" by Talk Talk was on the album "The Party's Over" so that one doesn't pan out...

Subject: Re: Band = Song Title = Album Title

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/10 at 6:30 pm

"Living in A Box" by Living in A Box from the 1987 album "Living in A Box"

"Visage" by Visage from the 1981 album "Visage"

"Iron Maiden" by Iron Maiden from the 1980 album "Iron Maiden"
This one was not a hit, though a live version was the 16th music video aired on MTV in 1981

And one that maybe can slip through a loop hole ...

"Madness (is All in the Mind)" by Madness from the 1983 North American only compilation "Madness"
The song is originally from their 1982 UK release "The Rise and Fall" which was not released in North America

Written By: whistledog on 04/20/10 at 6:57 pm

Here's a tricky one ...

In 1980, the Australian band Flowers released their debut album "Icehouse" that contained a song called "Icehouse".  However, due to name restrictions with a Scottish band called The Flowers, they had to change their name, so in 1981, they released the album for the International market under their new name, Icehouse.

Written By: gibbo on 04/21/10 at 1:06 am

Here's a tricky one ...

In 1980, the Australian band Flowers released their debut album "Icehouse" that contained a song called "Icehouse".  However, due to name restrictions with a Scottish band called The Flowers, they had to change their name, so in 1981, they released the album for the International market under their new name, Icehouse.

I always wondered why they changed their name. They were a good Aussie band too...

Written By: Samwise on 04/26/10 at 7:41 pm

"They Might Be Giants" by They Might Be Giants, off of... Flood.

Close, but no cigar. That's the only one I can think of, though...

Check for new replies or respond here...