» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: David Gilmour & Roger Waters secret gig

Written By: Mudbug on 07/13/10 at 2:16 pm

David Gilmour and Roger Waters played a secret gig for the Hoping Foundation Benefit in Oxfordshire last weekend.

You can see some pics on Floyd lyricist Polly Samson's site.

http://www.pollysamson.com/

Subject: Re: David Gilmour & Roger Waters secret gig

Written By: Frank on 07/13/10 at 4:49 pm

I'll take a look. I am surprised they actually got together. When I saw Floyd in the mid 80s, Watters wasn't there.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/10 at 1:31 am

You know, you're in showbiz.  If you do a secret gig?  How do I know you even played.  Maybe y'alll was just home playing with yourselves!

This is what we call a "PR stunt."

--A loyal Floyd fan

Written By: Frank on 07/15/10 at 8:56 am

You know, you're in showbiz.  If you do a secret gig?  How do I know you even played.  Maybe y'alll was just home playing with yourselves!

This is what we call a "PR stunt."

--A loyal Floyd fan

Yup, PR stunt.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/10 at 8:16 pm

Yup, PR stunt.

A Gilmour/Waters reunion has been a wet dream for 25 years.  There are no PR stunts required.  Just show up, guys!
:)

Written By: Frank on 07/15/10 at 11:03 pm

A Gilmour/Waters reunion has been a wet dream for 25 years.  There are no PR stunts required.  Just show up, guys!
:)

Ever see them in concert Max?
Is was a wonderful experience for me, very different from any other concert I've seen. The crowd/fans were more mellow, there were some guys in the 50s and 60s, totally stoned out of their minds there.
Pink Floyd, as they are accustomed to do at times, had this huge Pig flying across the stage..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/10 at 11:22 pm

Ever see them in concert Max?
Is was a wonderful experience for me, very different from any other concert I've seen. The crowd/fans were more mellow, there were some guys in the 50s and 60s, totally stoned out of their minds there.
Pink Floyd, as they are accustomed to do at times, had this huge Pig flying across the stage..

Roger Waters and David Gilmour parted ways just as I was getting old enough to go to concerts.  When Pink Floyd DID start touring and tickets cost a fortune.  They weren't playing to see Pink Floyd, they were paying to see the David Gilmour band.
::)

I don't know about seeing them live if they toured together now.  The spectacle is likely to overwhelm the music. 

Written By: Frank on 07/15/10 at 11:27 pm

Roger Waters and David Gilmour parted ways just as I was getting old enough to go to concerts.  When Pink Floyd DID start touring and tickets cost a fortune.  They weren't playing to see Pink Floyd, they were paying to see the David Gilmour band.
::)

I don't know about seeing them live if they toured together now.  The spectacle is likely to overwhelm the music. 

I saw the David Gilmour Band... ;) The spectacle did overwhelm the music when I saw them as well. 99.9% of the audience was stoned anyways and wouldn't have known the difference if Waters was there or not.  My buddies went to see Floyd in the early 80s when Waters was still there. I passed on it  :-[ ( now bangs head against wall ..it will feel good when I stop, by that time my head will be Comfortably Numb and I'll have Brain Damage, in time.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/16/10 at 1:18 am

I saw the David Gilmour Band... ;) The spectacle did overwhelm the music when I saw them as well. 99.9% of the audience was stoned anyways and wouldn't have known the difference if Waters was there or not.   My buddies went to see Floyd in the early 80s when Waters was still there. I passed on it  :-http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsuper.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/21/10 at 4:12 pm

It occurs to me that the Pink Floyd name should be retired since the death of Richard Wright in 2008.  I don't know if the surviving Pink Floyd members have discussed it.  Rick Right (keyboards, synths, etc.) had been with Pink Floyd since its inception in 1965.

Even if Waters, Gilmour, and Mason DO tour/record again as Pink Floyd, we will NEVER see the classic PF line-up again!
:\'(

Written By: Frank on 07/21/10 at 4:23 pm

It occurs to me that the Pink Floyd name should be retired since the death of Richard Wright in 2008.  I don't know if the surviving Pink Floyd members have discussed it.  Rick Right (keyboards, synths, etc.) had been with Pink Floyd since its inception in 1965.

Even if Waters, Gilmour, and Mason DO tour/record again as Pink Floyd, we will NEVER see the classic PF line-up again!
:\'(

Even when I saw them, no Waters.
Wondering in anyone on these boards saw the full line-up play.

Check for new replies or respond here...