» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The color green's "popular" tone through the decades

Written By: yelimsexa on 08/02/10 at 10:28 am

I've noticed that the color green, in popular fashion/graphics, may have changed the most in terms of style, whether it be on clothes, cars, interior design, and general purposes more than any other decade.

The green of the '50s is that light, pale, creamy tone.
The green of the '60s tends to be a nice, bright medium green.
Earthy (roughly a medium-dark green) seem to dominate those carpets/furniture of the '70s.
That green you see in the word "Vice" in the logo of the TV series "Miami Vice" perhaps best represented the green tone of the '80s; a bit brighter than the '50s paleness.
Dark green seemed to be popular during the '90s.
An ultra-bright, lime green seems to be the popular green tone since the early 2000's.

Subject: Re: The color green's "popular" tone through the decades

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/02/10 at 11:04 pm

Oh yeah, I like green things.

Sometimes I like to trade one kind of green thing for another kind of green thing.
8)

Green continues to be popular after a 750,000 year-run as one of man's favorite colors. 

That's why they do all the nursing homes in green.  Every generation likes it, so they don't have to redecorate so often.

I have heard tell that God chose green for so many of nature's wonders because the color is so pleasing to the human eye.

Hence, the trading of one kind of green thing for another kind of green thing.
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...