» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Adios, DVD.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/15/10 at 8:20 am

We might as well write a requiem for DVD, starting next year, because when Star Wars hits Blu Ray next year, sales for Blu Ray players and HD TVs, are going to go through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/08/star-wars-saga-will-hit-bluray-in-2011.html

Subject: Re: Adios, DVD.

Written By: whistledog on 08/15/10 at 9:43 am

DVDs won't be going anywhere for quite a while.  For some people, Blu-Ray isn't a big deal as DVD is still a good format (you don't have to worry about a tape getting mangled anyore and the picture is still clear quality).

Sony is trying to push the Blu-Ray as alot of movies now come with both the Blu-Ray and DVD as well as a Digital Copy.

Star Wars on Blu-Ray will be awesome.  Back to the Future is also coming to Blu-Ray in October of this year.

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/10 at 3:53 pm

DVDs won't be going anywhere for quite a while.  For some people, Blu-Ray isn't a big deal as DVD is still a good format (you don't have to worry about a tape getting mangled anyore and the picture is still clear quality).

Sony is trying to push the Blu-Ray as alot of movies now come with both the Blu-Ray and DVD as well as a Digital Copy.

Star Wars on Blu-Ray will be awesome.  Back to the Future is also coming to Blu-Ray in October of this year.

I agree with Jason for those exact reasons. After the bitter battle between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, Blu-Ray has done very little to knock DVD off it's perch and will only do so when they come down in price (I don't feel the need to replace my £5 DVD of Flash Gordon for a £15 Blu-Ray version).

Written By: Davester on 08/22/10 at 8:36 pm

I know it's not going to matter to anyone except geeks, nerds and fanboys (with whom I count myself a member), but the Bluray release is going to be the infernal special editions...heh...

Knowing this actually makes me feel a little better... 8)

Written By: Davester on 08/22/10 at 8:41 pm

Suckers... :P

Written By: robby76 on 08/23/10 at 12:37 am

Urrghhh I hate Blu-Ray! The blue tinted amaray case is so tacky in my opinion. It's a stupid size too. As for it's high-definition quality, it's neither here nor there for me. I have a 42" tv and there's not much more I'd want to see from a dvd.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/10 at 1:56 am

What about a screenplay that doesn't rely on special FX? 

Check for new replies or respond here...