» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Emma Thompson doesn't heart Audrey Hepburn?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/15/10 at 1:11 pm

Thompson, who is about to embark on a remake of My Fair Lady, apparently isn't too found of Audrey Hepburn.

"I find Audrey Hepburn fantastically twee. Twee is whimsy without wit," she said.

"It's mimsy-mumsy sweetness without any kind of bite. And that's not for me. She can't sing and she can't really act, I'm afraid. I'm sure she was a delightful woman – and perhaps if I had known her I would have enjoyed her acting more, but I don't and I didn't, so that's all there is to it, really."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2010/aug/10/emma-thompson-audrey-hepburn

Subject: Re: Emma Thompson doesn't heart Audrey Hepburn?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/10 at 1:16 pm

Audrey Hepburn's singing was dubbed by Marni Nixon in the original My Fair Lady, who will be dubbing Emma Thompson singing voice?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/15/10 at 1:27 pm

Audrey Hepburn's singing was dubbed by Marni Nixon in the original My Fair Lady, who will be dubbing Emma Thompson singing voice?

Good question.

Written By: lola669 on 08/15/10 at 4:06 pm

Emma Thompson is the writer, Keira Knightley and Carey Mulligan are two people who are up for the role of Eliza.  I don't know if either can sing.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/16/10 at 1:05 am

Who is Emma to talk?  Personally I think she is one of the most over rated actresses we have kicking around, I hear her name and get bored. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/10 at 2:32 am

Speaking strictly as a heterosexual male...who gives a crap?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/10 at 1:23 am

Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson is to write a new Peter Rabbit story to mark the 110th anniversary of Beatrix Potter's original story.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/17/10 at 3:46 pm

Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson is to write a new Peter Rabbit story to mark the 110th anniversary of Beatrix Potter's original story.

Once again, Emma Thompson is thinking too much of herself.  Rewrite Peter Rabbit, indeed!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/17/10 at 8:37 pm

BP: Mr. McGregor's Revenge

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/grim.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/18/10 at 10:07 pm

Speaking strictly as a heterosexual male...who gives a crap? where's the Emma and Audrey sex tape?

Speaking strictly as a heterosexual male, fixed that for you. 

(It might take a few years for the technology to get to the point that it's indistinguishable from reality, but by Rule 35, someone with a rendering farm must now create it.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/20/10 at 10:48 pm

Speaking strictly as a heterosexual male, fixed that for you. 

(It might take a few years for the technology to get to the point that it's indistinguishable from reality, but by Rule 35, someone with a rendering farm must now create it.)

Thanks, and you'll say hi to Al for me at the next NO MA'AM meeting!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/flame2.gif

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/10 at 1:20 am

I LOVVE Audrey Hepburn especially in the movies Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...