» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Are there any TV Shows you know you should watch but just haven't?

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/10 at 4:39 pm

Even though it's widely known that I'm a TV addict I'm sure some of you would be surprised by the shows I have never seen...

The Waltons:
It occurred to me this morning that I know about the Waltons because I've seen clips of it over the years but I've never seen a full episode.

Mad Men: Everyone talks about how amazing it is and one of these days I'll probably watch it but right now I just don't feel like it.

West Wing: I'm not a political person so the idea of a show set in the world of politcs sounded boring to me... everything I have heard about it tho tells me I have missed out, so I will sit down and watch it some day.

Monk: I really, really want to correct this oversight

Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice: When Grey's premiered I didn't have time to watch it but I bought season 1 because of all the good press... why have I not watched it? Too lazy I guess. 

24: I had all 24 hours stored on my DVR season one... but once two hours got erased I couldn't be bothered.... I did eventually buy the first three seasons on DVD.... why haven't I watched? See Grey's Anatomy  ;)

Damages: Sounds good....looks good.... I should watch it.

Three shows I got into late but am glad I got around to watching them.....

Veronica Mars... I started watching the DVDs just before season 3 started. I watched Season 3 as it aired...sorry if I am the reason it got canceled.  :-\\  It was a great show.

Dexter... I didn't watch Dexter until the summer before the start of the third season.  Showtime started airing them from the beginning before the season started and I have been hooked ever since...

House... I'm not sure why I avoided House. I'm truly sorry I did because I missed a paley event for it... come to think of it I missed the V. Mars paley event too... >:(  anyway I started watching the dvds just before the start of season 4.  What an awesome marathon that was!!!!

Subject: Re: Are there any TV Shows you know you should watch but just haven't?

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/10 at 9:34 pm

Everyone says I need to watch Dexter, but I won't.  If it's not on a network I can get with basic cable, then I have no interest

When I was a kid, St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues were popular, but I never watched them as I was too young to understand the plotlines, so they never appealed to me.  When they came to DVD, I got the available seasons and couldn't stop watching.  Made me wish I watched em as a kid.

I only ever saw Monk once, and always made me want to investigate further, but I never did.  The episode I saw, Monk was on a plane, and suddenly Tim Daly gets on.  The girl Monk was with said "Isn't that the guy from that show Wings?"  and Monk was like "I wouldn't know.  I didn't watch that show"

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/10 at 11:51 pm

Everyone says I need to watch Dexter, but I won't.  If it's not on a network I can get with basic cable, then I have no interest

When I was a kid, St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues were popular, but I never watched them as I was too young to understand the plotlines, so they never appealed to me.  When they came to DVD, I got the available seasons and couldn't stop watching.  Made me wish I watched em as a kid.

I only ever saw Monk once, and always made me want to investigate further, but I never did.  The episode I saw, Monk was on a plane, and suddenly Tim Daly gets on.  The girl Monk was with said "Isn't that the guy from that show Wings?"  and Monk was like "I wouldn't know.  I didn't watch that show"

I don't know about Canada but Dexter Seasons 1-3 are available here thru netflix online.  You should check it out on DVD... trust me this show would suck on basic cable.

LOL that's a great joke. I look forward to seeing it when I get around to watching monk which will be sometime this summer I think

Written By: danootaandme on 11/14/10 at 6:14 am

Love Monk!  I don't have cable at all, but it was on network here on reruns.  A few I haven't seen

Modern Family

Mad Men

Greys Anatomy-tried it didn't care either way

Dexter

Mad Men-I will Netflix this

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/14/10 at 10:23 am

I really dig Monk and House, when I turn on my tv, that is...

Modern Family is something that seems fun, I just never seem to catch it.

Someone suggested that I would love Fringe, but said I should start at the beginning  :-\\

There are a whole bunch of Gleeks around me who swear this is the best show on tv, but I consider the sources and tend to doubt it  ::)

I really enjoy Big Bang Theory and should make more of an effort to remember when it's on.

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/10 at 5:18 pm

I don't know about Canada but Dexter Seasons 1-3 are available here thru netflix online.  You should check it out on DVD... trust me this show would suck on basic cable.

LOL that's a great joke. I look forward to seeing it when I get around to watching monk which will be sometime this summer I think

I do love John Lithgow as a villain, so I may sometime pick up the DVDs

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/10 at 6:38 pm

-Glee
-Dexter
-House (caught one ep with my SIL who loves the show.)
-Later seasons of West Wing. Started watching the first several seasons and LOVED it (and even recorded them) but then just stopped watching.
-Grey's Anatomy

I'm sure there are many more.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/10 at 1:20 pm

Love Monk!  I don't have cable at all, but it was on network here on reruns.  A few I haven't seen

Modern Family

Mad Men

Greys Anatomy-tried it didn't care either way

Dexter

Mad Men-I will Netflix this

I'm just gonna keep saying this... Dexter is totally worth a look! Sometimes it takes two runs at the pilot (ask Tam) but if you give it a chance you will completely get sucked in!

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/10 at 1:28 pm

I really dig Monk and House, when I turn on my tv, that is...

Modern Family is something that seems fun, I just never seem to catch it.

Someone suggested that I would love Fringe, but said I should start at the beginning  :-\\

There are a whole bunch of Gleeks around me who swear this is the best show on tv, but I consider the sources and tend to doubt it  ::)

I really enjoy Big Bang Theory and should make more of an effort to remember when it's on.

Modern Family is fun... I resisted it...went to a paley event with them and laughed my ass off...so I started watching it..  I have to admit tho. It's a show I consider "work" to watch. Meaning it doesn't suck me in. I often lose focus so I stopped watching again. Its one of those I'll catch in syndication but will probably never see every ep.

I watched the Fringe pilot and was soooo bored I could be bothered to go back. Everyone I know who's into those shows swears it's good. I enjoyed myself at their paley event but I don't know if I'll watch.... Reminds me... I have the same issue with Lie to Me

Ummm Shannon.... GLEE is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!  And I think you can trust me on this  :P    But you have to watch it from the beginning... A) because there were storylines that unfolded... and B) to thoroughly appreciate the characters now you should evolve with them.....  They got more money for season two so the production values (which weren't bad season one) are better now.... and now that practically every freaking artist wants their music on the show the music has a broad range.

Big Bang Theory is on Thursday at 8pm on channel 2 out of NYC... I assume the five boroughs  share the same network channels...

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/10 at 1:29 pm

I do love John Lithgow as a villain, so I may sometime pick up the DVDs

John Lithgow's season was by far the best one!!!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/10 at 1:30 pm

-Glee
-Dexter
-House (caught one ep with my SIL who loves the show.)
-Later seasons of West Wing. Started watching the first several seasons and LOVED it (and even recorded them) but then just stopped watching.
-Grey's Anatomy

I'm sure there are many more.

Cat

You should fix 1, 2 and 3  ;)

Written By: Mat1991 on 11/21/10 at 4:48 pm

I'd like to get into the television show Glee, but I just haven't had the time to do so. In fact, since I've gotten my laptop in my bedroom, I've watched substantially less television.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/21/10 at 6:06 pm

Damages

Sons of Anarchy

Justified

Terriers

The Big C

Party Down

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/10 at 1:58 am

Damages

Sons of Anarchy

Justified

Terriers

The Big C

Party Down

I hear really good things about Terriers but it seems they only have one or two eps on demand... I wish they'd keep the pilot avail so we can watch it whenever...

Party down is good.  I'm going to catch the Big C on demand when the regular season slows up.

Written By: Frank on 11/22/10 at 2:16 am

Most of the shows that came out in the last 10 years.

Dexter is available in stores (Canada)on DVD. Never seen it either.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/10 at 2:18 am

Most of the shows that came out in the last 10 years.

Dexter is available in stores (Canada)on DVD. Never seen it either.

too busy fantasizing about Jan Brady?

Written By: Frank on 11/22/10 at 2:46 am

too busy fantasizing about Jan Brady?

Her older sister.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/10 at 2:49 am

Her older sister.

I saw the worst horror film with Maureen McCormick.... George Clooney was also in it for about 5 minutes...  I thought of you while I was watching it because I knew you had a thing for Marcia.  ;D

Written By: Frank on 11/22/10 at 10:10 am

I saw the worst horror film with Maureen McCormick.... George Clooney was also in it for about 5 minutes...  I thought of you while I was watching it because I knew you had a thing for Marcia.  ;D

That might have been during Maureen's cocaine period. I wonder.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/10 at 11:42 am

That might have been during Maureen's cocaine period. I wonder.

Only reason I can see her doing the movie is to make money to buy coke. Lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/10 at 3:06 pm

Her older sister.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...