» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Home and Away

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/13/10 at 5:20 pm

Who here doesn't remember, Home And Away, and it's catchy opening theme song?

???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRN8WaVApxo&feature=related

Subject: Re: Home and Away

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/10 at 9:17 pm

I remember that show.  It aired in Canada on Global TV

One reason to watch that show:  Dannii Minogue

Written By: gibbo on 11/14/10 at 1:36 am

Hey...that's an Aussie evening soapie that has been going for over 20 years now. It was also big in England (along with it's earlier cousin Neighbours...which starred Kylie Minogue). Neighbours is also still going....

I didn't realize that Home and Away aired in other countries as well. The theme song only changed in the past couple of years...  I think it may be still the same tune though.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/10 at 2:37 am

Once Monty Python Michael Palin made a guest appearance in Home And Away.

Written By: gibbo on 11/14/10 at 4:35 am

Once Monty Python Michael Palin made a guest appearance in Home And Away.

wow...I didn't know that. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/10 at 4:40 am

wow...I didn't know that. :o
Here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261ugmDCcBU&playnext=1&list=PL0DE39105443F27FB&index=3

Written By: gibbo on 11/14/10 at 5:43 am

Here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261ugmDCcBU&playnext=1&list=PL0DE39105443F27FB&index=3

Thanks...that was funny! Palin threw in a monty pythonesque.... "Sorry"  "Jolly good...thanks awfully".  Those are old characters  (Mr Fisher and Marilyn).  Marilyn is back in it (I saw her in a promo the other day).

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/14/10 at 5:48 am

Thanks...that was funny! Palin threw in a monty pythonesque.... "Sorry"  "Jolly good...thanks awfully".  Those are old characters  (Mr Fisher and Marilyn).  Marilyn is back in it (I saw her in a promo the other day).
In truth, I have never watch Home And Away.

I did see some of the key Neighbours episodes, around the time of Kylie and Jason.

Written By: Paul on 11/15/10 at 8:37 am

Who here doesn't remember, Home And Away, and it's catchy opening theme song?

???

Remember it? I'm trying my utmost to forget it!  :D

A mainstay of ITV's early evening schedules (in direct competition with Neighbours on BBC), it seems to have been shifted to a different channel now...

There was only one Aussie soap worth watching...Prisoner!

Written By: karen on 11/15/10 at 1:01 pm

Home and Away was my favourite back when Lance and Marilyn were in it.

And my mum, her neighbour and myself loved spotting actors from the other Aussie shows we watched.  Like Alf's sister was in Young Doctors and also Prisoner I think.

Written By: gibbo on 11/15/10 at 6:12 pm

Home and Away was my favourite back when Lance and Marilyn were in it.

And my mum, her neighbour and myself loved spotting actors from the other Aussie shows we watched.  Like Alf's sister was in Young Doctors and also Prisoner I think.

Cornelia Frances was her name. I forgot she was in those earlier shows (I now remember her as a head nurse in Young Doctors). I also didn't realise that both Young Doctors and Prisoner made it overseas (I knew prisoner had a following in the U.S. ... of all places).

I wonder what other Aussie shows aired over in the UK and the US...

Written By: karen on 11/18/10 at 2:34 am

I wonder what other Aussie shows aired over in the UK and the US...

Young Doctors, Sons and Daughters, Neighbours, Home and Away, Sullivans or something or other, Round the Twist, The Flying Doctors, Prisoner (it was known as Prisoner, Cell Block H in the UK) are ones I remember off the top of my head.  And Skippy - the Bush Kangaroo of course!

Written By: gibbo on 11/18/10 at 7:17 pm

Young Doctors, Sons and Daughters, Neighbours, Home and Away, Sullivans or something or other, Round the Twist, The Flying Doctors, Prisoner (it was known as Prisoner, Cell Block H in the UK) are ones I remember off the top of my head.  And Skippy - the Bush Kangaroo of course!

Other than Neigbours and Home and Away...the only one of those I would have 'banked' on (making it overseas) was Skippy!

I can see we certainly sent some rubbish your way (and some reasonable stuff as well).

Check for new replies or respond here...