» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Family Guy: Is Quagmire's hate for Brian justified?

Written By: joeman on 12/22/10 at 7:21 pm

Is Quagmire right to despise Brian? He pretty much listed all of his faults on one hand, saying he's a terrible father, he hits on his best friend's wife, a hypocrite when it comes to doing drugs, he dates brainless bimbos who don't have the mind capacity to solve a maze on the back of a cereal box, and not to mention a burned out alcoholic.  Later episodes, Quagmire calls Brian a hack and that no one cares about his opinions.

Subject: Re: Family Guy: Is Quagmire's hate for Brian justified?

Written By: 80sfan on 12/22/10 at 8:40 pm

Is Quagmire right to despise Brian? He pretty much listed all of his faults on one hand, saying he's a terrible father, he hits on his best friend's wife, a hypocrite when it comes to doing drugs, he dates brainless bimbos who don't have the mind capacity to solve a maze on the back of a cereal box, and not to mention a burned out alcoholic.  Later episodes, Quagmire calls Brian a hack and that no one cares about his opinions.

I like Brian. I don't really care about all his shortcomings or faults. I just like the guy!

I'm quite neutral towards Quagmire though. I don't really like him nor do I dislike him. But the guy is hilarious!!

To answer your question; is Quagmire justified? I actually think he is justified even if I do like Brian I don't think he's the best role model or most pristine person to follow as an example.

Written By: whistledog on 12/22/10 at 10:48 pm

It's a cartoon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/23/10 at 12:04 am

It's a cartoon.

Are you trying to tell me my favorite intellectual alcoholic dog is not even real?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: joeman on 12/23/10 at 12:27 am

Are you trying to tell me my favorite intellectual alcoholic dog is not even real?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

My sentiments exactly  ;)

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/23/10 at 2:57 am

I would not consider screwing anything in a skirt along with having every STD known to man to be an admirable trait, either.  8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/24/10 at 9:02 pm

Is Quagmire right to despise Brian? He pretty much listed all of his faults on one hand, saying he's a terrible father, he hits on his best friend's wife, a hypocrite when it comes to doing drugs, he dates brainless bimbos who don't have the mind capacity to solve a maze on the back of a cereal box, and not to mention a burned out alcoholic.  Later episodes, Quagmire calls Brian a hack and that no one cares about his opinions.

The feud's gone on for a while, but if you want to truly see how it all played out, and why it's never going to end - and I'm talking a "Brian and the Chicken" levels of fighting - you need only see Season 8, Episode 18: "Quagmire's Dad".  (aka Family Guy episode 8x18)

Not gonna link to no spoilers.

Even though it was the best episode-ending one-liner evar.

Check for new replies or respond here...