» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Did you/will you go to your senior prom?

Written By: Mat1991 on 02/18/11 at 10:47 pm

Did any of you go to your senior prom? Or, if you're still in high school, do you plan on attending your senior prom?

What were the reasons for your attending or not attending the prom?

I graduated from high school in 2010, and I did not attend my prom. I chose not to go for a multitude of reasons. I never cared for school dances, because I always end up looking awkward because I can't dance. I hate getting dressed up. I had no interest in spending possibly hundreds of dollars on an event that would probably skyrocket my anxiety. Those were all underlying factors for my decision not to go.

Subject: Re: Did you/will you go to your senior prom?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/18/11 at 10:51 pm

I am now 22 and my prom would've been in April/May 2007. I did not go.

Why? 2 reasons.

1). I didn't have any girl to go with so it would've been weird me dancing all alone or with my guy friends, Lol.

2). I suffer from depression and still do (although I'm medicated now) so it made me very unsocial so I was very unmotivated to go.

Those are my reasons. I wish I would've gone. I did get to go to Homecoming though. But I do wish I would've had the chance to go to prom.

Check for new replies or respond here...