» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Which era is this dress from?

Written By: 00s_teen on 08/17/11 at 6:25 pm

Hello, I don't watch movies like these, but...anyway.
What is the era this dress is from:
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/barbie-as-rapunzel/images/13652809/title/rapunzels-flower-dress-photo
I guess early 19th century, but I'm not sure. Are there any similar images on the Internet of dresses like these?
I like seeing women dressed in such dresses.

Subject: Re: Which era is this dress from?

Written By: Mat1991 on 08/17/11 at 10:15 pm

At first glance, the dress looked late 18th century to me (perhaps 1770s or '80s). But I can see it possibly being early 19th century (1820s, perhaps).

That's my take on it.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/11 at 12:32 pm

It is from the Antebellum era (before the Civil War) and during the Civil War. It is call a hoop skirt. Do a Google image search on "Hoop Skirt" and you will come up with a lot of pics.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/18/11 at 12:47 pm

I would for the Georgian Era, which spanned the period from 1714 to 1830.

Check for new replies or respond here...