inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Little Rascals!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/02/04 at 11:49 pm

I was told that I kinda used to look like him....so I'll go with Alfalfa ::)

Subject: Re: The Little Rascals!

Written By: Hairspray on 05/03/04 at 12:48 am

Alfalfa

Hey, RnRF, It doesn't look like you actually voted. Cast away! ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/03/04 at 10:01 am

Alfalfa

Hey, RnRF, It doesn't look like you actually voted. Cast away! ;D

I did....thanks, Hairspray ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/04 at 10:28 am

Spanky.

Cat

Written By: bj26 on 05/03/04 at 10:31 am

I had/have a crush on Darla.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/03/04 at 2:02 pm

I liked Buh-Wheat!  ;D

Written By: Lanie on 05/03/04 at 4:21 pm

Alfalfa ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/04/04 at 12:19 pm

Did anybody else hate it when they changed it to "Our Gang" and had that annoying character named "Froggy"  ??? :P

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/09/04 at 6:23 pm

Porky, even though I had a thing with Darla too. And I hate Froggy and Mckey (Robert "The Killer" Blake).

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/26/04 at 1:53 am

Alfafa!

Tanya

Written By: Fett69 on 07/27/04 at 12:58 pm

Scottie

Spanky's partner between his 'cute baby' and 'fat leader' years.

And baby Spanky ranks 2nd

Written By: eightiesfan on 08/06/04 at 9:21 am

I remember in 1990 when 20/20 managed to get egg on their faces by doing a "Where are they now?" type of segment with some guy claiming to be Buckwheat - the problem was, the real Buckwheat had passed away ten years earlier.  ::)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/07/04 at 9:30 am

Spanky  :)

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 08/08/04 at 12:07 pm

I Like Alfalfa the best (and loved Mary Gross's Alfalfa on SNL!) He cracks me up ! I also like Porky, Stimey and Spanky. I also like Miss Crabtree . I never liked Darla.

Written By: Koop on 08/08/04 at 5:10 pm

I always liked Jackie, Farina, Stymie and the earlier episodes best.

Written By: hot_wax on 09/29/04 at 12:09 am

We always watched the Officer Joe Bolton Show with the Little Rascals and Our Gang at 5:00 back in the 50's... that's the only way my mom got us to eat our diner.

They were our mentors, the whole gang of them, we tried to copy their characters, I favored Spanky because he was the leader and I always wanted Petey to be my dog, for some reason I thought he was the smartest of the all and watched over them sort of like Rin Tin TIn or Lassy but Petey was cooler!

Miss Crabtree gave me butterflies in my belly and didn't know then why I always wanted to look up her dress at the time...now I know!, Darla was a tease and Jackie Cooper was proably was the best of them all.

"I Wish I had a Watermelon" I still say that line today...Stymie was another favorite, we didn't see color then in more ways then one... do you hear that Bill Crosby?  AAAHHHHH! l better stop here!

Hot Wax

Written By: joedeertae on 09/29/04 at 8:41 am

Alfalfa.

Written By: joedeertae on 09/29/04 at 8:46 am

Did anybody else hate it when they changed it to "Our Gang" and had that annoying character named "Froggy"  ??? :P

I didn't "hate" it but I didn't like it as much at first. Now I like them both. And I always thought Froggy was cool! :-[

Written By: bj26 on 09/29/04 at 9:58 am

I was told that I kinda used to look like him....so I'll go with Alfalfa ::)

;D, no offence intended, but Alfafa looked pretty funny when he looked cross-eyed and had that hair lick - lol.  Anyway do you or anyone recall who Stymie was?  I think he was Buckwheat's brother? Besides Darla, Stymie was my fave.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/04 at 10:11 am

;D, no offence intended, but Alfafa looked pretty funny when he looked cross-eyed and had that hair lick - lol.  Anyway do you or anyone recall who Stymie was?  I think he was Buckwheat's brother? Besides Darla, Stymie was my fave.
No offense take....I wish I had that much hair today ;) I also think Stymie was Buckwheat's brother....not 100% sure though ???

Written By: hot_wax on 09/29/04 at 8:45 pm

No offense take....I wish I had that much hair today ;) I also think Stymie was Buckwheat's brother....not 100% sure though ???

I think Farina was related to Stymie...I just don't know if it was his brother or sister!

Hot Wax

Written By: nicko on 10/15/04 at 6:40 pm

my fav would have to be a young spanky.  he was alot funnier then.  one thing that puzzles me is buckwheat...lol    in the early episodes buckwheats a girl  and in the later and our gang series hes a boy.  what gender is buckwheat?...lol    btw eddie murphy did a great buckwheat on the old SNL ....lol

Written By: jess on 11/12/04 at 8:27 am

YOUR A fudgeING IDIOT! GROW UP YOU LOSER...

Check for new replies or respond here...