inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Of Peter and Gordon Fame

Written By: I_love_Miami_Vice on 05/07/04 at 10:16 pm

Who does not remember those wonderful Peter and Gordon's tunes? Like A World Without Love, I go to Pieces, etc? I think 1964 and 1965 had a hell of a lot of fantastic unforgettable songs,....Downtown by Petula Clark,
House of the Rising Sun by the Animals, Love Potion No. 9, by the Searchers, the Dave Clark 5, The racy songs by Jan and Dean? Man, some songs those were!

Subject: Re: Of Peter and Gordon Fame

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 11:45 pm

Who does not remember those wonderful Peter and Gordon's tunes? Like A World Without Love, I go to Pieces, etc? I think 1964 and 1965 had a hell of a lot of fantastic unforgettable songs,....Downtown by Petula Clark,
House of the Rising Sun by the Animals, Love Potion No. 9, by the Searchers, the Dave Clark 5, The racy songs by Jan and Dean? Man, some songs those were!
It sure was a great time....by the way....Paul McCartney wrote "A World Without Love" and gave it to them ;)

Written By: Paul on 05/08/04 at 4:53 am

It sure was a great time....by the way....Paul McCartney wrote "A World Without Love" and gave it to them ;)

Not only that, but he 'donated' (helps if your sister was going out with McCartney at the time...!) 'Nobody I Know', 'I Don't Want To See You Again' and the excellent 'Woman'...

Can't argue with the state of the music from that age - 'classics' were being released on a daily basis, try saying that now! (Okay, grandad's had his say...!)

Written By: Damien on 02/18/05 at 7:31 am

Check out www.bluepie.com.au and look for the OUTpsiDER remix of WORLD WITHOUT LOVE .... on www.musicnow.com ... search under outpsider .... and download ....... let me know what you think

Cheers
Damien
Blue Pie

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/05 at 9:19 am

I remember Lady Godiva.

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/18/05 at 7:25 pm

Honestly, A World Without Love is the one I know. It's good b/c Paul wrote it!

Tanya

Written By: jaytee on 02/18/05 at 9:25 pm

I loved "Lady Godiva" and "The Knight In Rusty Armour"  :-[  I must have only been 10 or so at the time!

Check for new replies or respond here...