inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie Review: Yours, Mine, and Ours

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/09/04 at 3:46 pm

Has anybody seen the old Henry Fonda-Lucille Ball family comedy, 'Yours, Mine, and Ours"? It's probably famous as the film that introduce Tim Matheson (Animal House) and Morgan Brittany (nee Suzanne Cupito). It's one of my mom's and sister's favorites, but I found it to be too grating for it's own good. I found Phillip North-Beardsley (Eric Shea) very excrutiating with his bratty name-change shtick. The movie is based on a true story of how a widower with 10 kids marries a widow with 8. Even the Ball-Fonda narrations are dull. My ranking:  :) :) :(  >:(

Subject: Re: Movie Review: Yours, Mine, and Ours

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/04 at 5:50 pm

I remember seeing that as a kid and loving it. Then I saw it again as an adult and it was cute but not outstanding. Tracy Nelson was also in it.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/09/04 at 6:11 pm

As was Tom Bosley (Happy Days) and the late Van Johnson.

I remember seeing that as a kid and loving it. Then I saw it again as an adult and it was cute but not outstanding. Tracy Nelson was also in it.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 05/09/04 at 6:15 pm

I absolutely love this movie.  I had to go out and buy it.  It is one of my all time favorites.  I didn't think it was grating at all....Phillip North-Beardsley was a cute kid.  I guess everyone has their own opinions.

Written By: SteveH on 05/10/04 at 1:46 am

I saw it too long ago to remember many details, but I'm not much of a fan of Henry Fonda's and am an anti-fan of Lucy's, so I don't think I'll disturb my muddled memory of it by seeing it again any time soon.  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/10/04 at 9:28 pm

All she did in that movie was cry. That's probably why I didn't notice her.
I did like it as a kid, but I just don't find slapstick by alcoholism funny at all. And it might have been the first "gross out" comedy in history, good enough for a G-rating it those days. :P

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/04 at 1:36 pm

I saw it too long ago to remember many details, but I'm not much of a fan of Henry Fonda's and am an anti-fan of Lucy's, so I don't think I'll disturb my muddled memory of it by seeing it again any time soon.  :)
You mean there's someone else on the planet that never thought much of Lucille Ball :o 8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/13/04 at 5:16 pm

And I never cared for Katherine Hepburn. Does that make us freaks? ;)

You mean there's someone else on the planet that never thought much of Lucille Ball :o 8)

Written By: scarletgail on 05/15/04 at 12:23 am

I remember that movie as a kid.  not sure think i liked it alright but I know one thing I wouldn't want to see it again :-\\

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/26/04 at 1:48 am

I like it. I give it  :)  :)  :)  :) . It inspired the Brady Bunch.

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...