inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite TV Batman Villian

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/21/04 at 8:16 pm

Other King Tut (Victor Buono)

Subject: Re: Favorite TV Batman Villian

Written By: Hairspray on 05/21/04 at 11:38 pm

Catwoman - The one and only, IMO, Julie Newmar.

Written By: Lanie on 05/22/04 at 12:12 am

Catwoman

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/22/04 at 8:00 am

The Riddler (specifically the Frank Gorshin one)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/22/04 at 12:50 pm

I liked Burgess Meredith so I'll vote for The Penguin.  ;D

Written By: AL-B on 05/23/04 at 8:58 pm

Catwoman

Written By: mandamoo on 05/24/04 at 7:26 am

I liked Burgess Meredith so I'll vote for The Penguin.  ;D

Same here ! 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/24/04 at 1:09 pm

Same here ! 8)
And here!http://www.tvacres.com/penguin_batman_small.jpg

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/24/04 at 1:40 pm

The Penquin was my favorite too

Written By: hoogbest on 05/29/04 at 7:30 am

This show was a waste of a half hour of tv. For those of you who liked and watch it please know I am making no judgements on you..........I respect your taste......I was just too damn old for the show.

Written By: Koop on 05/29/04 at 11:26 pm

Another vote for the Penguin!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/04 at 12:00 pm

Guess?  ;D  ;) 

Cat

Written By: hoogbest on 06/02/04 at 3:33 pm

Julie Newmar ;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/02/04 at 7:31 pm

I voted for a baddie that I only seen once and that was 'False Face'. I remember he used his moustache as a smoke bomb. What was interesting was that when they do the credit for the actor who plays the baddie, he was only known as '?'

Has anybody seen the episode?

Written By: AL-B on 06/02/04 at 8:47 pm

I also thought Vincent Price as "Egghead" was funny, especially how he'd always say things like "Eggs-cellent!" and "Eggs-actly!" ;D

Written By: hysteria on 06/03/04 at 3:36 pm

I voted for a baddie that I only seen once and that was 'False Face'. I remember he used his moustache as a smoke bomb. What was interesting was that when they do the credit for the actor who plays the baddie, he was only known as '?'

yes i have godd one that i love the trap  ( bat man and robin tied up on the rail way track  witing for the train to tear them to shreads) the reson they creadit him with a ? was  to  keep the veiwers gussing who its is the actor who played him  didnt like it much because of the costume . i love the riddler .  he amazes me thought frank gourshon was perfect for the part  riddle me this  why is a women in love like a wilders hand. lol  other fave was the book worm  guy loves his book s  but joker who can forget him ( espechaly when he fed the dynamic duo to the clam )

Written By: Harmonica on 06/05/04 at 10:47 pm

Hysteria did Frank Gourshon play the Bookworm too? He Looks like him.

Written By: Bobby on 06/06/04 at 9:10 am

Would you believe it, Hysteria and Harmonica? I have found websites on both baddies False Face and Bookworm - they make interesting reading as well.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/7537/false.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/7537/bokwrm.htm

Written By: hysteria on 06/15/04 at 3:03 pm

no harmonica it was roddy mc doll and bloody good he was too  bookworm  was a good villain  shame he only had one story line pinguin looked excactly he did in the comics dosent he

Written By: RockFaerie on 06/20/04 at 6:41 pm

Catwoman

Written By: goldie on 06/20/04 at 7:32 pm

The Peguin

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/26/04 at 1:34 am

Catwoman - the sexiest Eartha Kitt, Julie Newmar was great as well.

The worst: Halle Berry!

Tanya

Written By: Southern Image on 09/29/05 at 1:25 pm

The Joker

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/29/05 at 3:47 pm

The Penguin

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 01/04/06 at 8:11 pm

Well, I personally liked Frank Gorshin as The Riddler, but it was Anne Baxter as 'Zelda The Great' who first caught my attention! I became a fan of hers for life after seeing that episode:

Written By: whistledog on 01/05/06 at 12:06 am

Burgess Meredith as The Penguin

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/05/06 at 1:38 am

Catwoman - Julie Newmar

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/06 at 2:31 am

It has to be The Penguin (Burgess Meredith)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/05/06 at 2:36 am

I like the Batman movie where all 4 of the main villains appear together in a common goal to destroy Batman. Penguin, Joker, Riddler, and I believe Lee Meriweather as Catwoman.

Written By: TheRemf on 01/06/06 at 4:01 pm

The name of the episode was "True or FalseFace."  I liked the part where the Batmobile had him pulled over when he was in a moving van.  He suddenly took off out the back gate on a motorcycle.  That was a great episode!

I voted for Cesar Romero's Joker, but all the villains were "eggs-cellent."  Amazing how the villains were all good actors, and the "stars" were Adam West and Burt Ward.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/08/06 at 1:35 am

The Joker!  :) 8)

As a sidenote he is also my favorite villain in the comics, and out of the original 4 Batman movies(the ones by Burton and Schumacher). I hope hes done right in BB2.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/08/06 at 3:49 am

The Joker!  :) 8)

As a sidenote he is also my favorite villain in the comics, and out of the original 4 Batman movies(the ones by Burton and Schumacher). I hope hes done right in BB2.
I like Catwoman just because she's so darn sexy, but as a true villain, the Joker seemed to be the most evil of them all and one that truly loved being that way, so the Joker is a good choice.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/08/06 at 11:56 am

I like Catwoman just because she's so darn sexy, but as a true villain, the Joker seemed to be the most evil of them all and one that truly loved being that way, so the Joker is a good choice.

Yeah, hes like the anti-Batman. Whereas Batman shows up to restore order, the Joker's main motivation in every thing he does is to cause chaos, mayhem, and death with seemingly no inherent motive besides that in itself; unlike other villains who all seem to have some sort of material or pre-existing psychologial motivations, whether its villains like Catwoman and The Penguin who are motivated by money like traditional criminals, or The Riddler who has a superiority complex and resents Batman for his abilities, or Two-Face who suffers from multiple personality disorder. I read an article on a comic site once that suggested The Joker is a textbook example of someone with a full-blown Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

EDIT: Also, in the comics The Joker has no backstory. Hes like a force of nature that just is. Noone knows his true identity. Even at Arkham Asylum whereas all of the other "super villains"'s real names are above their cells, his name plaque just says "Anonymous".

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/08/06 at 12:04 pm

Yeah, hes like the anti-Batman. Whereas Batman shows up to restore order, the Joker's main motivation in every thing he does is to cause chaos, mayhem, and death with seemingly no inherent motive besides that in itself; unlike other villains who all seem to have some sort of material or pre-existing psychologial motivations, whether its villains like Catwoman and The Penguin who are motivated by money like traditional criminals, or The Riddler who has a superiority complex and resents Batman for his abilities, or Two-Face who suffers from multiple personality disorder. I read an article on a comic site once that suggested The Joker is a textbook example of someone with a full-blown Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

EDIT: Also, in the comics The Joker has no backstory. Hes like a force of nature that just is. Noone knows his true identity. Even at Arkham Asylum whereas all of the other "super villains"'s real names are above their cells, his name plaque just says "Anonymous".
nice background work on that evildoer. You have done your homework. A+

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/08/06 at 12:10 pm

nice background work on that evildoer. You have done your homework. A+

Hehe, yeah, I'm a comic geek. Shows, doesn't it?  :P

Also, if you are interested(which you probably aren't), check out my Batman Begins sequel thread over in the 2000s forum. It gives a good rundown of the reported storyline for the sequel, as well as my thoughts on casting. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/06 at 3:00 pm

Everytime I read this thread I have remind myself that everyone is not talking about ME. Am I self-centered or just paranoid?  :D :D

Cat

Written By: schmartypantz on 01/21/06 at 11:06 pm

I went with the Riddler. Nothing personal CatwomanofV :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/22/06 at 12:49 am

Everytime I read this thread I have remind myself that everyone is not talking about ME. Am I self-centered or just paranoid?  :D :D

Cat
How do you know they're not?  ::)

Written By: NozmoKing on 02/08/06 at 8:52 pm

Julie Newmar as CatWoman....  What a DEXY

Written By: NozmoKing on 02/08/06 at 8:53 pm

Julie Newmar as CatWoman....  What a SEXY feline.....   and I will just let it go at that.....

NozmoKing

Written By: ralfy on 04/17/16 at 12:18 pm

"All 34 Batman '66 Villains, Ranked"

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/04/all-34-batman-66-villains-ranked.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/16 at 11:48 am

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/04/all-34-batman-66-villains-ranked.html

The link crashed on me!

Written By: Howard on 04/18/16 at 2:20 pm

my favorite was The Joker.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/18/16 at 9:21 pm

As a six-year-old watching Batman during its first run, I recall feeling giddy any episode where the Riddler was the villain. 

Thus, I picked the Riddler.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/19/16 at 2:36 pm

As a six-year-old watching Batman during its first run, I recall feeling giddy any episode where the Riddler was the villain. 

Thus, I picked the Riddler.  ::)

What did you like about The Riddler?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/19/16 at 7:51 pm

What did you like about The Riddler?

It must've been that giant question mark!  :D 

Check for new replies or respond here...