inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ersel Hickey has died

Written By: Marian on 07/13/04 at 8:50 pm

:( :(He recorded "Blue birds Over the Mountain",one of the shortest rock and roll songs ever.He was 70.

Subject: Re: Ersel Hickey has died

Written By: Paul on 07/14/04 at 5:08 pm

A shame...just that one hit to his name, and even then it's more associated with the Beach Boys nowdays...

However, during his fleeting moment of fame, he did this photo shoot - and this picture below sums up for many what Rock 'n' Roll was all about - the classic axe shot, all rarin' to go...

Written By: Marian on 07/14/04 at 8:15 pm

A shame...just that one hit to his name, and even then it's more associated with the Beach Boys nowdays...

However, during his fleeting moment of fame, he did this photo shoot - and this picture below sums up for many what Rock 'n' Roll was all about - the classic axe shot, all rarin' to go...

8) 8)I didn't know the Beach Boys recorded that song--Ritchie Valens also recorded it,though.Ersel said that shot was a lucky accident--he wouldn't have known how to do that pose if directed,I guess.Cheers!

Written By: patricia on 01/10/05 at 1:38 pm

ersel was my uncle i just recently found out of his passing can any one tell me what he died of and were he was buried.

Written By: Marian on 01/10/05 at 2:10 pm

ersel was my uncle i just recently found out of his passing can any one tell me what he died of and were he was buried.
Gosh really???I think it was heart failure,but I'm, not sure.The news didn't give the best coverage to thjat--front page coverage is usually reserved for rap singers and Amnerican Idol contestants!Cheers!

:o

Written By: Howard on 01/10/05 at 4:00 pm

I've never even heard of Ersel Hickey. ???

Howard

Written By: PennyLane0630 on 09/06/05 at 2:27 pm

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=hickey&GSfn=ersel&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=9122662&pt=Ersel%20Hickey&

Check for new replies or respond here...