inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite I Love Lucy Moments

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/17/04 at 11:48 am

My favorites include Lucy & Ethel working in the candy factory and not being able to keep up with the conveyor belt - the all-time best episode, in my opinion, was Lucy giving birth to Little Ricky.  :)

Subject: Re: Favorite I Love Lucy Moments

Written By: nally on 09/17/04 at 12:07 pm

Oh, I have so many favorite eps of "I Love Lucy." I, too, enjoyed the time that they were unable to keep up with the fast-moving conveyor belt at the candy factory...as well as Lucy giving birth. Before they all went to the hospital, Ricky and the Mertzes "rehearsed" what to do when Lucy was ready; after going through the routine with ease a few times, everyone was all confused as to what to do when Lucy made the big announcement! :D

By the way, I have videos of about one-third of the whole series, including the California trip and the European trip. There were many hilarious moments from those eps.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/17/04 at 6:55 pm

Of course it has to be Vitamine-a-vegimin. I still laugh when I see that and when they did the musical. "I am the good prince Lancolot. I love to sing and dance a lot."

But I think one of favorites has to be when Lucy told Ricky she was pregnant. She went to see his show. He got a note saying something like, "I am expecting our first baby but I haven't told my husband about it yet. Would you please sing 'We're Having a Baby' to help me break the news?" He started singing it and went around to all the couples asking if they were the ones. Then he looked at Lucy and asked her as a joke but she shook her head yes. Then it sunk in who the father was. I just thought it was sweet.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 09/17/04 at 8:13 pm

I'm going to have to go with Vitameta-vegimen also.  That is a great episode.

Written By: Howard on 09/17/04 at 8:30 pm

How about the episode where she's stomping on grapes for wine in a huge vat?  ;D

Howard

Written By: eightiesfan on 09/20/04 at 7:29 am

I also like the episode after they moved out to the farm where Lucy's hiding eggs in her blouse and then while she and Ricky are practicing the tango, the eggs all break.  ;D

Written By: joedeertae on 09/20/04 at 10:03 am

Lucy & Ethel working in the candy factory and not being able to keep up with the conveyor belt

This was the first one I thought of when I saw the post.

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 09/20/04 at 6:08 pm

When Lucy lip-synced to a record (was it Carmen Miranda ?) trying to make Ricky feel "more at home"

When she was trying to tell him at the club that she was having a baby.

The grape crushing episode - the whole episode !

The time Lucy tried to smuggle cheese on a plane .She disguised a cheese as a baby - that was priceless ! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/04 at 10:43 am

When Lucy lip-synced to a record (was it Carmen Miranda ?) trying to make Ricky feel "more at home"

Yup-it was Carmen Miranda. I have forgotten about that. That was pretty funny especially when the record started skipping.

Cat

Written By: bj26 on 09/21/04 at 11:24 am

Can't recall any particular episode, but I liked when Lucy got Ricky so freaked, that he would start yakking excitedly in rapid Spanish ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/04 at 1:14 pm

Can't recall any particular episode, but I liked when Lucy got Ricky so freaked, that he would start yakking excitedly in rapid Spanish ;D

One time she said to him, "If you are going to yell do it in English". He did and than she said, "Ok, go back to Spanish."

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/09/04 at 10:39 am

Of course it has to be Vitamine-a-vegimin. I still laugh when I see that and when they did the musical. "I am the good prince Lancolot. I love to sing and dance a lot."

Oh yeah, the Vitameatavegamin was one of my favorites. :) Lucy got confused every time she went through the routine because that stuff contained alcohol!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/09/04 at 11:45 am

My favorites include Lucy & Ethel working in the candy factory and not being able to keep up with the conveyor belt - the all-time best episode, in my opinion, was Lucy giving birth to Little Ricky.  :)
I agree, eightiesfan :) I never gotr into the show much but those stick out....along with the one where she was shopping and took back all the food for "Double your money back"

Written By: Koop on 10/10/04 at 12:06 am

Definitely one of my all-time favorite shows and there are so many moments to choose from, but I think I'm going to go with the William Holden episode....him setting Lucy's fake nose on fire while lighting her cigarette.

My second favorite was the one where Ricky was telling Little Ricky the story of Little Red Riding Hood in Spanish, while Lucy, Fred and Ethel watched.  EL LOBO!!  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/10/04 at 10:52 am

Definitely one of my all-time favorite shows and there are so many moments to choose from, but I think I'm going to go with the William Holden episode....him setting Lucy's fake nose on fire while lighting her cigarette.

My second favorite was the one where Ricky was telling Little Ricky the story of Little Red Riding Hood in Spanish, while Lucy, Fred and Ethel watched.  EL LOBO!!  ;D
;D

Written By: Howard on 10/10/04 at 6:30 pm

The episode where she and a woman were stomping grapes in a big vat and she was having a fight with that woman and throwing grapes everywhere.  ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 10/10/04 at 6:32 pm

Oh yeah, the Vitameatavegamin was one of my favorites. :) Lucy got confused every time she went through the routine because that stuff contained alcohol!

What was "Vitameatavegamin" anyway?

Howard

Written By: eightiesfan on 10/11/04 at 7:30 am

What was "Vitameatavegamin" anyway?

Howard

Some sort of health tonic - another funny moment in that episode was when Lucy took apart their entire television set and put herself inside the box to act out the commercial in order to try and convince Ricky to let her audition.

Written By: Howard on 10/11/04 at 6:40 pm

The one where she's helping her friend Ethel make chocolates and the conveyor belt goes fast. ;D

Howard

Written By: TheLurkerKing on 11/08/04 at 11:19 am

All good ones, but my favorite episode is the one where the Ricardos, the Mertzes, and Fred Macmurray went out to the desert near Las Vegas to look for uranium. Thinking they had found it, they started racing each other back to Las Vegas, so they would be the first one to file a claim on what they thought they found. Resulting in one of the funniest car chases I have ever seen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/04 at 12:40 pm

The other day, I was listening to music-REALLY loud and thinking of "El Breako the leaseo" as we are trying to get our tenants to move.  :D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/08/04 at 5:38 pm

The episode where her and some woman were stomping on grapes for Loca-Color. ;D

Howard

Written By: eightiesfan on 11/09/04 at 8:23 am

I also liked the episode where Lucy gets herself locked up in the freezer while she and Ethel are trying to hide 200 pounds of meat from Fred and Ricky - that particular scene where she's locked in and tears are streaming down her face and then turning into little icicles on her cheek is priceless!

Written By: mickproper on 11/09/04 at 7:55 pm

My favorite was the "Harpo" episode, where Harpo Marx (who would have been about 75 at the time) and Lucy (dressed as "Harpo") re-create the famous "mirror" scene from the Marx Brothers Movie, "Night at the Opera"--Lucy's abilities as a mime really shine, as she keeps up with one of the greatest screen mimes of all time!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/04 at 9:45 am

My favorite was the "Harpo" episode, where Harpo Marx (who would have been about 75 at the time) and Lucy (dressed as "Harpo") re-create the famous "mirror" scene from the Marx Brothers Movie, "Night at the Opera"--Lucy's abilities as a mime really shine, as she keeps up with one of the greatest screen mimes of all time!

That was great. But, I'm sure it was all choragraphed. But still, it the end result was great.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/10/04 at 5:37 pm

I remember that episode pretty well.That one was funny!  ;D

Howard

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/09/04 at 8:56 am

Another great episode I just thought of was the one where she went to the eye doctor with Ricky and got those drops put in her eyes - then she had an audition at the Tropicana for some Broadway show where she's jitterbugging all over the place because she can't see what she's doing.  Ethel had a good line too - "I'm over here, Mrs Magoo!"

Written By: nally on 12/09/04 at 2:13 pm

Gotta love that. Then she inadvertently kissed him...and then realizing what she had done, yelled "I KISSED BILL HOLDEN!" and fainted. :D

I loved that one too. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 03/09/05 at 12:07 am

I liked where they did that barbershop quartet thing and I think it was Ricky who got tired of hearing her sing and smacked her in the mouth with a handful of shaving cream while her mouth was open, singing.

Written By: nally on 03/11/05 at 2:11 pm

I liked where they did that barbershop quartet thing and I think it was Ricky who got tired of hearing her sing and smacked her in the mouth with a handful of shaving cream while her mouth was open, singing.

That was kinda funny...especially when she returned the favor by doing it back to Ricky.

And she copied him perfectly!...until he threw a ball down on the floor and yo-yoed it back up; Lucy couldn't do that. Then the two of them marched over to the couch as Fred and Ricky came in dressed like two of the other Marx brothers (I forget which ones).

Written By: nally on 04/17/05 at 3:38 pm

I also enjoyed the ep from the third season, where Lucy and Ricky wanted to celebrate their anniversary quietly at home, but Fred and Ethel had planned a surprise party for them. Lucy and Ricky had to move their candle-light dinner into the closet when they see the guests arriving. They manage to sneak out of their apartment and then come back in "surprised"! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...