inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alfie-all over again

Written By: danootaandme on 09/28/04 at 6:27 am

Alfie remains one of my favorite movies.  When it came out it was extremely controversial, some
even predicted that Michael Caine would never work again.  Now they are remaking it with Jude Law
I don't think it will have the impact of the first time around, but I am curious to see what they do with it.

Subject: Re: Alfie-all over again

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/28/04 at 9:56 am

I never saw the original movie (only remember the song from it). So if I did see the remake, I couldn't make a comparision.

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 09/28/04 at 4:05 pm

Great movie.

Alfie:
"You know what? When I look back on my little life and the birds I've known, and think of all the things they've done for me and the little I've done for them, you'd think I've had the best of it along the line. But what have I got out of it? I've got a bob or two, some decent clothes, a car, I've got me health back and I ain't attached. But I ain't got me peace of mind - and if you ain't got that, you ain't got nothing. I dunno. It seems to me if they ain't got you one way they've got you another. So what's the answer? That's what I keep asking myself - what's it all about? Know what I mean?"

Do we need just three things in life to be happy? Health, wealth and peace of mind?

:)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/28/04 at 6:53 pm

I never saw the original movie (only remember the song from it). So if I did see the remake, I couldn't make a comparision.

Cat

Rent it, it's a classic.  Some told Michael Caine he would never work again because there is a scene
in which an abortion takes place.  Shelley Winters plays a great role as an older woman, Susan
Sarandon has the part this time, two different styles but it just may work.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/29/04 at 12:51 pm

It is a great movie. The womanizing and his take/rationality for it is amazing! I think it's one of Michael Caine's finest performances. I don't know if the remake will feel the same. I might check it out if I'm bored or something.

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...