inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When a special DJ ruled the Air Waves...Good Bye Scott Muni

Written By: hot_wax on 09/30/04 at 8:23 pm

I read this morning that Scott Muni passed away and next To Alan Freed he was the Master of them all in molding the music business to what it is today.

"Rest in Peace" good buddie your legacy will live on as long as Rock and Roll lives on.

Subject: Re: When a special DJ ruled the Air Waves...Good Bye Scott Muni

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/01/04 at 10:10 pm

Sad.

When I was at Collier School,a high school that was a boarding school for girls with emotional and abuse issues in the mid 70's,I listened to WNEW-FM, Muni was one of the deejays....

BTW...When the band CHICAGO played their famous concert at Carnegie Hall.....He did the on-stage introduction!

How do I know that?

I got that live album set,with all the posters,the booklet,and the voter-registration info,for my twelth birthday.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/04 at 9:13 am

I used to hear him on 104.3 every afternoon in NYC. :\'(

http://www.q1043.com/muni/splash/index_r2_c5.jpg

Howard

Written By: hot_wax on 10/03/04 at 12:08 am

Sad.

When I was at Collier School,a high school that was a boarding school for girls with emotional and abuse issues in the mid 70's,I listened to WNEW-FM, Muni was one of the deejays....

BTW...When the band CHICAGO played their famous concert at Carnegie Hall.....He did the on-stage introduction!

How do I know that?

I got that live album set,with all the posters,the booklet,and the voter-registration info,for my twelth birthday.

If you read his bio on his web site he seemed to be at all the important events in music, check it out and
it sounds like a great album set, I'll have to check it out too.

Hot Wax

Written By: Howard on 10/03/04 at 9:23 am

Scott Muni always did the lunch licks at 12noon on 104.3 here in New York City.

Howard

Written By: hot_wax on 10/03/04 at 10:20 pm

Scott Muni always did the lunch licks at 12noon on 104.3 here in New York City.

Howard

Howard, how ya' doin'! I see you post a lot on different subjects I'm glad to hear from you on the late "Scotso". He did get around in his career, the last time I heard him on the air was about a year ago and he was on WFAN, NYC, doing a PM sports show...he was OK but "out of his league" (no pun intended) he's a music DJ and that's how he'll be remembered.

I'll be talking to you again soon.

Hot Wax

PS... Thank you for your welcoming message when I signed on a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know about it until read them last night.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/04 at 5:09 pm

Howard, how ya' doin'! I see you post a lot on different subjects I'm glad to hear from you on the late "Scotso". He did get around in his career, the last time I heard him on the air was about a year ago and he was on WFAN, NYC, doing a PM sports show...he was OK but "out of his league" (no pun intended) he's a music DJ and that's how he'll be remembered.

I'll be talking to you again soon.

Hot Wax

PS... Thank you for your welcoming message when I signed on a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know about it until read them last night.

Yes Hotwax,I enjoy posting on a lot of different subjects here especially in "Before The 1970's.I'm really not that old anyway!  ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/04/04 at 5:31 pm

I found some old tapes from 1985 featuring him hosting a show about The Beatles. RIP Scott :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/05/04 at 9:44 am

I found out the show was called "Scott Muni's Ticket To Ride"....anyone else remember it?

Check for new replies or respond here...