inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rock and Roll Circus

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/04 at 4:48 pm

Is anyone going to see the Rock and Roll Circus tonight at their Regal cinema theater? Or, are you getting it on DVD? I can't wait to get the DVD! It has The Stones, John Lennon, Marianne Faithful, etc on there!

Tanya

Subject: Re: Rock and Roll Circus

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/11/04 at 5:46 pm

Is anyone going to see the Rock and Roll Circus tonight at their Regal cinema theater? Or, are you getting it on DVD? I can't wait to get the DVD! It has The Stones, John Lennon, Marianne Faithful, etc on there!

Tanya
Wha...What Channel!?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/04 at 6:21 pm

It won't be on tv (though the last time I watched it, it was on VH1, when that channel was still cool). It's playing in Regal Cinema theatres. It's playing in Irvine, CA, but I can't get there b/c of traffic and of course, I can't drive.

But, the dvd's coming out tomorrow. So, I'll definitely take that option, so I can watch Mick shake it's british booty over and over again. D-A-M-N, that's a sexy man!  :-*

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 10/11/04 at 6:35 pm

What is The Rock and Roll Circus? ???

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/04 at 6:45 pm

It was like a concert within a film filmed in the late sixties. The Stones, The Who, Marianne Faithful, John Lennon, the who's-who of that mod London clique is showcased in this film. It is rarely shown, until today's theatrical release for one night and the dvd release.

It was set-up like a "circus" inside a tent and all with some circus-like performers.

Tanya

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/14/04 at 1:01 am

I can watch Mick shake it's british booty over and over again. D-A-M-N, that's a sexy man!  :-*
Tanya

ugh  :P :o

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/14/04 at 1:35 pm

ugh  :P :o

Then, not now!  ;)  :o  :P

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 10/14/04 at 4:18 pm

Mick Jagger can't shake his booty anymore.He's all bones and brittle. ;D ;)

Howard

Written By: joedeertae on 10/15/04 at 5:41 am

I hadn't heard of that ??? I WILL however be looking for the DVD over the weekend, sounds like a must-have.

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/18/04 at 1:52 am

Then, not now!  ;)  :o  :P
Tanya

still ugh  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/18/04 at 12:15 pm

still ugh  ;D

Too funny!

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 10/18/04 at 6:04 pm

How old is Mick these days?
What about Steven Tyler? Is he on The DVD? ???

Howard

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 11/07/04 at 7:01 pm

I purchased "The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus"
This little throw you back in time to the 60s gem was fantastic from beginning to end..
The sound and picture were nicely remastered,and the whole cast of performers was the best in the business at the time..
Performances By
Jethro Tull: Song For Jeffrey
The Who:A Quick One While He's Away
Taj Mahal:Ain't That A Lot Of Love
Marianne Faithfull:Something Better
The Dirty Mac(John Lennon, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Mitch Mitchell ):Yer Blues
Yoko Ono and Ivry Gitlis with The Dirty Mac:Whole Lotta Yoko...I have split feelings about this performance..The band had a great back beat going,and Ivry Gitlis fiddling was very entertaining,but I had no clue as to what to make of those sounds that Yoko was making...
The Rolling Stones:Jumpin' Jack Flash,Parachute Woman,No Expectations,You Can't Always Get What You Want, Sympathy For the Devil, and Salt Of The Earth...I've read a few complaints about the Stones not giving a very good performance on this show,and this by no means was the Stones at their best,but I certainly had no problem enjoying their performances on this DVD,and found it to be quite enjoyable..

Plus there is a good handfull of extra footage,a photo gallery and interview with Pete Townsend..

Check for new replies or respond here...