inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: need help with a 60s song?

Written By: iced on 10/28/04 at 5:17 pm

I heard this song on the Jackass show recently, Plus on oldies stations. and I think they say  GINA.. and the chourus goes... WHOA-OH  WHOA-OOOOH  then they say ONE MORE TIME da da da da ONE MORE TIME  Anybody know who sings this please?

Subject: Re: need help with a 60s song?

Written By: mandamoo on 10/30/04 at 7:54 pm

Might be Venus by Frankie Avalon  ???

Written By: Howard on 10/31/04 at 8:02 pm

Captain And Tenille perhaps? ???

Howard

Written By: Marian on 11/01/04 at 9:28 pm

???There's a song by the Everly brothers called "Just One Time" which has similar lyrics.Maybe that's it.Cheers!

Written By: bj26 on 11/02/04 at 9:17 am

Maybe Silouettes by Herman's Hermits :-\\

Written By: Iced on 11/03/04 at 2:41 am

No I know it isn't Hermans Hermits or Captain and Tennille, and if that Venus song is the same as the Banna Rama song than that isn't it either. Thanks for the help though!  I'm gonna have to put that golden oldies channel on Directv to see if they play it.

Written By: hot_wax on 11/04/04 at 11:23 pm

I heard this song on the Jackass show recently, Plus on oldies stations. and I think they say  GINA.. and the cchorusgoes... WHOA-OH  WHOA-OOOOHthen they say ONE MORE TIME da da da da ONE MORE TIME   Anybody know who sings this please?

Iced, Johnny Mathis sang a song called "Gina", but it doesn't sound like that chourus. We need more input from you...was it a fast or slow song? and/or does it sound like another song that you know that we could pull from, or maybe narrow it down to era like 50's Do-Wop or 60's Beatles or 70's Disco or later.

This happens to me too trying to put a name to those echos of a song that bounce around your head all day and hope you get it before it haunts you for a week...so I hope you get it and let us know because you got me humming that dumb chourus now!!! HA! HA! HA!

Hot Wax

Written By: Iced on 11/05/04 at 12:23 am

Yeah, it's a up beat type song sort of fast. It's fairly popular you hear it on oldies stations a lot. As for the era, I would say 60's for sure!( maybe early 70s but I doubt it) As for another song you could pull from, I would say it sounds like " What's new pussy cat" by Tom Jones. You know the WHOA OH WHOA part... But this song goes... GINA...  WHOA-OH, WHOA-OH, OH, OH!!  ONE MORE TIME, SOMETHING SOMETHING, ONE MORE TIME....  I know, it's driving me nuts too not knowing who sings it! I think they say GINA or maybe Athena, something like that I don't know?... BTW it's been haunting me for a lot more than a week!   Thanks for the help though Hot WAX.

Written By: bj26 on 11/05/04 at 8:49 am

Don't know why, but CC Rider just popped into my mind and now it's stuck there :o, and I keep substituting Jenny for Gina - Gina Gina Gina won't you take a ride with me, WHOAAAA Gina Gina!

Written By: hot_wax on 11/07/04 at 11:57 pm

Don't know why, but CC Rider just popped into my mind and now it's stuck there :o, and I keep substituting Jenny for Gina - Gina Gina Gina won't you take a ride with me, WHOAAAA Gina Gina!

That's a good shot at it and it does sound like it...Now! that will be bouncing around in my head...thanks alot!

Hot Wax

Written By: zcrito on 11/10/04 at 12:50 pm

Good guess, bj26. You may have nailed it.  ;)

Now if iced would come back and confirm it...

:)

Written By: Iced on 11/10/04 at 3:38 pm

Nope that isn't it. Thats a mitch Ryder song you guys are thinking about that goes "see see rider" and "Jenny Jenny Jenny won't you come along with me"

Written By: brentles on 12/20/04 at 5:26 am

i also saw this jackass
and it says lido woooooooaoooo
not gina
its lido shuffle by boz scaggs
Lido missed the boat that day he left the shack
But that was all he missed, he ain't comin' back

At a tombstone bar in a juke-joint car he made a stop
Just long enough to grab a handle off the top
Next stop Chi-town, Lido put the money down, let her roll
He say, "one more job oughta get it
One last shot 'fore we quit it"
One for the road

Chorus:

Lido, whoa-oh-oh-oh....
He's for the money, he's for the show
Lido's a-waitin' for another go
Lido, whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh....
one more job oughta get it
One last shot, we quit it
One more for the road

Lido be runnin', havin' great big fun 'til he got the note
Sayin' "toe the line or blow it" and that was all she wrote
He be makin' like a beeline, headin' for the borderline, goin' for broke
Sayin, "one more hit oughta do it"
This joint, ain't nothin' to it
One more for the road"

Instrumental break

Written By: Iced on 12/21/04 at 11:08 pm

Brentles, Thanks very very very much!!! Finally someone knows this song!  The search is over!! 8)

Written By: zcrito on 12/21/04 at 11:54 pm

Brentles, Thanks very very very much!!! Finally someone knows this song!  The search is over!! 8)

I'd be willing to bet most people who read this post know that Boz Scaggs song, we were all just thrown by the '60s reference. Good hit, brentles.  ;)

:)

Written By: Iced on 12/22/04 at 12:14 am

Yeah, if I would have heard it more often I would have known it was a 70's song. The reason I thought it was 60's was because I heard it on a classic gold station so I thought it must be a 60s song? But I forgot that they play 70's songs once in a while as well :-[ 

Written By: brentles on 12/22/04 at 6:16 pm

the 60s reference wouldve put me off as well, except i'd seen this episode of jackass.

Check for new replies or respond here...