inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: beatles vs the 4 seasons

Written By: happydays on 11/12/04 at 9:39 am

two hot, i mean hot groups of the 60's

Subject: Re: beatles vs the 4 seasons

Written By: zcrito on 11/12/04 at 11:32 am

Wasn't there an album out by that name?

I really don't think it was much of a contest. The Four Seasons do have some good songs but the Fab Four easily won.
;)

Written By: the OlLine Rebel on 11/12/04 at 11:40 am

Personal taste or actual results?

I pick 4 Seasons.

The Crowd picked Beatles.

I liked the early rock&roll Beatles, but the hippie-dippy goony Beatles turns me off completely.  So on average 4 Seasons wins.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/12/04 at 1:06 pm

No contest, The Beatles.

C'mon!

Tanya

Written By: zcrito on 11/12/04 at 1:31 pm

I pick 4 Seasons.

The Crowd picked Beatles.

I liked the early rock&roll Beatles, but the hippie-dippy goony Beatles turns me off completely.  So on average 4 Seasons wins.

hippie-dippy goony Beatles.  ;D

Are you talking about their music after say 1966? (and maybe not including their White album and Let It Be ?)

:)

Written By: Paul on 11/12/04 at 3:36 pm

Wasn't there an album out by that name?

Certainly was (and there was also another 'cash-in', The Beatles & Frank Ifield On Stage)...both of which are worth an absolute fortune in their original state on Vee-Jay...

I really don't think it was much of a contest. The Four Seasons do have some good songs but the Fab Four easily won.
;)

Couldn't agree more...

Written By: Howard on 11/12/04 at 7:38 pm

The 4 Seasons  :)

Howard

Written By: mandamoo on 11/12/04 at 8:22 pm

Beatles

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/12/04 at 9:16 pm

No contest, The Beatles.

C'mon!

Tanya
A POLL?? :D Anyway...NO Contest...Beatles in BOTH phases win this one...although the Four Seasons had some great stuff ;)

Written By: gord on 11/12/04 at 10:32 pm

I liked the early rock&roll Beatles, but the hippie-dippy goony Beatles turns me off completely

the Beatles, no contest. Especially during their hippie dippy goony years ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/12/04 at 11:24 pm

A POLL?? :D Anyway...NO Contest...Beatles in BOTH phases win this one...although the Four Seasons had some great stuff ;)

;D

the Beatles, no contest. Especially during their hippie dippy goony years ;D

The hippy dippy goony years were the best ones!

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/12/04 at 11:39 pm

;D

The hippy dippy goony years were the best ones!

Tanya
;)

Written By: zcrito on 11/13/04 at 12:22 am

The 4 Seasons  :)

Howard

You serious, Howard?
???

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/13/04 at 12:36 am

I like them both, but I would have to pick The Beatles.  :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 11/13/04 at 8:01 am

Beatles  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/13/04 at 3:45 pm

You serious, Howard?
???

Yes Zcrito I was never much of a Beatles Fan.

Howard

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/04 at 8:13 pm

I do like the Four Seasons but it has to be the Beatles-all the way.

Cat

Written By: schmartypantz on 11/16/04 at 10:44 am

I am a big Four Seasons fan..Frankie Valli had/has a great voice and I still listen to them on occasion..that being said, the correct answer to the question is the Beatles :)

Written By: Howard on 11/16/04 at 5:04 pm

I am a big Four Seasons fan..Frankie Valli had/has a great voice and I still listen to them on occasion..that being said, the correct answer to the question is the Beatles :)

I also like when Frankie Valli had his singles career and had songs like Swearin'To God & Grease. :)

Howard

Written By: hot_wax on 11/26/04 at 2:48 am

two hot, i mean hot groups of the 60's

happydays, The Four Seasons are and always will be the group of my choice when compared to any group because of my personal interests with them. I've written a few replies to other Four Seasons topics, and if you read them before I'll bore you again with it, in short...their song lyrics were my life's stories and in some strange way they had a real live connection to my life and the girl I was going with then, to where my life's destiny today is partly due to their influence my decisions in that relationship back then.

Away from my personal reverence to the The Four Seasons, they were reigning supreme group in the NYC area in the early to mid 60's due to their songs and the unique sound of the voice of Frankie Valli and were going head to head with the Beatles in 64' and 65' on the music charts.

On the flip side, I am one of the biggest fans of the Beatles also, due to their innovative music and their influence on changing the ideals of the social structures in the world. They are the band of the ages and probably be looked upon hundreds of years from now like the way we look at the masters from hundreds of years ago. 

Hot Wax

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/26/04 at 3:10 pm

happydays, The Four Seasons are and always will be the group of my choice when compared to any group because of my personal interests with them. I've written a few replies to other Four Seasons topics, and if you read them before I'll bore you again with it, in short...their song lyrics were my life's stories and in some strange way they had a real live connection to my life and the girl I was going with then, to where my life's destiny today is partly due to their influence my decisions in that relationship back then.

Away from my personal reverence to the The Four Seasons, they were reigning supreme group in the NYC area in the early to mid 60's due to their songs and the unique sound of the voice of Frankie Valli and were going head to head with the Beatles in 64' and 65' on the music charts.

On the flip side, I am one of the biggest fans of the Beatles also, due to their innovative music and their influence on changing the ideals of the social structures in the world. They are the band of the ages and probably be looked upon hundreds of years from now like the way we look at the masters from hundreds of years ago. 

Hot Wax

I definately can respect that, hot_wax :)

Written By: Howard on 11/26/04 at 6:12 pm

I kinda like the Beatles from The 1970's era.

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/26/04 at 8:46 pm

I kinda like the Beatles from The 1970's era.

Howard
They recorded thier last LP in 1969 (Abbey Road)...Let It Be was done in 1968 but had carryover hits into early 1970...so do you mean the SOLO stuff from the Fab Four ???

Written By: Howard on 11/27/04 at 5:09 pm

They recorded thier last LP in 1969 (Abbey Road)...Let It Be was done in 1968 but had carryover hits into early 1970...so do you mean the SOLO stuff from the Fab Four ???

yes.Thank You Mark.The Solo Stuff. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...