inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: beatle boots

Written By: happydays on 11/15/04 at 6:07 pm

does anyone remember buying a pair of beatle boots. they are around today, but not called beatle boots. black,above the ankle, and the wide black elastic material on each side. i still wear them today.

Subject: Re: beatle boots

Written By: bj26 on 11/16/04 at 3:49 pm

They were cool, I remember them, black leather but I didn't know about the elastic. I think they had a semi pointed toe that typified the early 60s style. They wore collarless tunic like jacket,

Written By: Howard on 11/16/04 at 5:02 pm

Have any pictures of Beatle Boots by any chance? ???

Howard

Written By: bj26 on 11/17/04 at 3:20 pm

Howard, go to Barnes and Noble and peruse some Beatles books, you'll see their old outfits.  If you run accross any early 60s pics on the www, please post them

Written By: Howard on 11/17/04 at 7:24 pm

Howard, go to Barnes and Noble and peruse some Beatles books, you'll see their old outfits.  If you run accross any early 60s pics on the www, please post them

I sure will & Thanks. :)

Howard

Written By: happydays on 11/18/04 at 8:13 am

you can see the design of the shoe in timberland,macy's,bloomingdales,lord&taylor, its a boot just above the ankle, 1-2 inch elastic band on each side, timberland make the style in a not so dress shoe type. at dept stores you will find dress shoes, more of a leather shoe to be worn with a suit or dress pants as the beatles did in the early 60's. as time went by no more mention of the beatles in regards to that shoe, but it was the boot to have back then as was the black leather blazer jacket!! not beatle related...maybe west side story?

Written By: Howard on 11/18/04 at 5:41 pm

How much would Beatle Boots go for? ???

Howard

Written By: happydays on 11/18/04 at 6:36 pm

http://www.timberland.com/family/index.jsp?cp=1779791.1761081&categoryId=1761135&page=3&pageBucket=0    this is the style boot, again, they come in a leather for for dress style.

Written By: hot_wax on 11/26/04 at 3:29 am

does anyone remember buying a pair of beatle boots. they are around today, but not called beatle boots. black,above the ankle, and the wide black elastic material on each side. i still wear them today.

Yeah! I had a similar pair, they had pointy toes with zippers on the sides and 1 1/2 inch Cuban heels. They were good to wear when riding my BSA motorcycle.

Did you also wear the Nehru collar suits, real big bell bottom jeans, Apache neck scarves, Wallis Berrie skinny ribs, boat neck shirts, Love medallions and neck chains? That was the "In" look of the day if you had the moxie to wear most of that stuff! some of it was cool and some was just to girlie look for men but thanks to the Beatles they got us to change our styles and attitudes.

Hot Wax

Written By: jim on 01/05/05 at 2:07 pm

check out www.beatwear.co.uk - i just bought the cavern boot with low heel and they arrived today. they're brill

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 3:50 pm

http://www.beatwear.co.uk/acatalog/classicleather.jpg

Wow. :o Those are some very nice boots. :)

Howard

Written By: Butterball on 01/05/05 at 3:54 pm

http://www.beatwear.co.uk/acatalog/classicleather.jpg

Wow. :o Those are some very nice boots. :)

Howard

Yes, nice boots...and their straight leg pants would come down just past the tops of their boots. What we used to call "high water" or "floods". ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 3:57 pm

Yes, nice boots...and their straight leg pants would come down just past the tops of their boots. What we used to call "high water" or "floods". ;)

I don't think anyone wears those kinds of boots this day in age,Butterball. ;D

Howard

Written By: Butterball on 01/05/05 at 4:05 pm

I don't think anyone wears those kinds of boots this day in age,Butterball. ;D

Howard

I think Austin Powers wears those in his movies.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/05 at 4:24 pm

I think Austin Powers wears those in his movies.

What I meant was would you see someone on the street wearing these? ;D

Howard

Written By: happydays on 01/05/05 at 5:56 pm

yes, they are very stylish today, there made by some of the top designers as dress shoes and casual wear. they come in suede leather and polish leather and with a heavy price tag. here are some boot types....  http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/list_products.php?start=10&rangeid=197&routep=1&lim=10

Written By: Eve Orzabal Smith on 01/12/05 at 5:10 pm

These Beatle boots look like my friend's dancing shoes ;)

Written By: rubysunrise67 on 04/01/06 at 8:48 am

These Beatle boots look like my friend's dancing shoes ;)

The original beatle boots were spotted by the Beatles Manager Brian Epstein.He bought four pairs up for the band from a famous old dance and ballet shop in Londons Covent Garden area called `Anello & Davide` . They are derived from the Latin flamenco dance style boot.I bought a pair of these from Anello & Davide two years back at their store in St. Christophers Place, W.1.They were selling these boots off the shelf for

Written By: TOM SILVESTRE on 07/01/08 at 6:56 pm

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF BEATLE BOOTS ON E-BAY FROM VENTURA_SALES.COM THEY WERE CUSTOM MADE FOR ME. I WENT BACK TO THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THE BOOTS ARE GREAT. AND I NOW HAVE 6 PAIR. IF YOU WANT A GREAT QUALITY BOOT CONTACT THEM.

Check for new replies or respond here...