inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you want to be in a book?

Written By: Catherine on 11/19/04 at 8:31 am

Hi there

I need your help! I've just been commissioned to write a book on fashions in the last fifty years some of which have been pretty embarrassing. You're reading this because you love and remember mini skirts, tie-dye tops, flower power, the list goes on and on. Help immortalize these memories!

Please get in touch with me if you've got any photographs of yourself and/or family and friends. We can talk about scanning etc then. Not just that, let me have your memories of how you felt wearing these clothes - did they make you feel like the cat's whiskers?? Did you spend all your pocket money on that Hypercolor t-shirt??

I'll be keeping the forum up to date with how the book is going. It's planned to get it out in Autumn 2005 - be part of it!

Catherine
(still a Swinging Sixties girl at heart)

Email: c.horwood@tiscali.co.uk

Subject: Re: Do you want to be in a book?

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/04 at 8:23 am

Fish nets...don't forget fishnets!  I also remember my sister being mad about pink opaque
pantyhose ;)

Subject: Re: Do you want to be in a book?

Written By: hot_wax on 11/27/04 at 4:03 am

Hi there

I need your help! I've just been commissioned to write a book on fashions in the last fifty years some of which have been pretty embarrassing. You're reading this because you love and remember mini skirts, tie-dye tops, flower power, the list goes on and on. Help immortalize these memories!

Please get in touch with me if you've got any photographs of yourself and/or family and friends. We can talk about scanning etc then. Not just that, let me have your memories of how you felt wearing these clothes - did they make you feel like the cat's whiskers?? Did you spend all your pocket money on that Hypercolor t-shirt??

I'll be keeping the forum up to date with how the book is going. It's planned to get it out in Autumn 2005 - be part of it!

Catherine
(still a Swinging Sixties girl at heart)

Email: c.horwood@tiscali.co.uk

Caterine, I could give some input and personal pictures and other items of interests on clothing styles, fashion trends and "the In Look at that moment", what the "Clicks" wore and Ethnic tastes in fashions from mid fifties to the mid sixties to present day in the USA. I was actively in the clothing business as a Buyer, retail saleman and store Manager in mens clothing since 1966 to 1992 and still have a hand in it today. I can tell you stories as a Buyer trying to forcast future looks and as a retail clothing salesman getting people to accept those new clothing styles and new trends...it was boom or bust with those wackie 60's trends.

If this is what you want or need let me know and I'll work with you...OK?

Hot Wax 

Check for new replies or respond here...