inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Classic Disney cartoons (theatrical shorts)

Written By: woops on 01/16/05 at 2:17 am

Unfortunately, they're no longer shown on The Disney Channel  :P  & only available on DVD (The Walt Disney Treasures set & the Classic Cartoon Favorites DVDs)  :)

And very few classics show up on "House Of Mouse"...

What are your favorite Disney cartoon featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, etc.  :D

Some of my faves"

Mickey Mouse

Though most of my favorite Mickey cartoons also featured Mickey & Goofy like "Clock Cleaners" & "Lonesome Ghosts"

Donald Duck

"Don Donald"... first appearance of Daisy (called 'Donna' and had Donald's voice)
"Donald's Vacation"... Donald goes camping and gets his food robbed by woodland creatures
"Chef Donald"... while making waffles, Donald accidently adds rubber cement into the mix

And that one episode where he delievers a  package that he assumes is a clock, but actually a time bomb

Chip n'  Dale

I recently bought the  "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Chip N' Dale" DVD that's worth watching

"Two Chips And A Miss"...  Chip & Dale goes to a nightclub to meet a lounge singer, a female chipmunk named Clarice

"Out Of Scale"... Chip n' Dale  messes around with Donald again... with his minature railroad set

"Silly Symphonies

"Three Little Pigs"
"Wise Little Hen"

Subject: Re: Favorite Classic Disney cartoons (theatrical shorts)

Written By: woops on 01/17/05 at 9:42 pm

I also like "Steamboat Willie", one of the few early Mickey Mouse shorts I can tolerate  :)

Written By: bj26 on 01/18/05 at 11:04 am

The feature with Donald, Mickey, and Goofy as ghost exterminators (now that I think of it, this is where Ghostbusters probably evolved from).  The ghosts wanted some fun so they called the guys who went to the haunted house and all heck broke loose :o

Written By: Howard on 01/18/05 at 4:17 pm

anything with Mickey,Donald and Goofy. ;D

Howard

Written By: nally on 01/18/05 at 4:57 pm

anything with Mickey,Donald and Goofy. ;D

Howard

Same here. I can't think of any specific cartoon episodes in which they starred that I would consider to be a favorite; that's probably because it's been so long since I've seen one. However, in the past year or two I may have seen a few on the Toon Disney program "Disney's House of Mouse"; is that still on Toon Disney? ???

Written By: woops on 01/18/05 at 5:23 pm

Same here. I can't think of any specific cartoon episodes in which they starred that I would consider to be a favorite; that's probably because it's been so long since I've seen one. However, in the past year or two I may have seen a few on the Toon Disney program "Disney's House of Mouse"; is that still on Toon Disney? ???

I don't have Toon Disney, but "House of Mouse" does air on 'The Disney Channel' on the weekdays at 1:30 & 2:00 PM (back to back episodes)  and repeats on 5:00 AM, ironically the same time slot of the long  defunct "Ink & Paint Club". I think it's still on Toon Disney since it's on "The Disney Channel"

Those cartoons also can be seen on the "Disney Treasures"  (about 8 currently available like Mickey, Donald, Pluto, 'On the Front Lines'...WWII cartoons, etc.) DVDs and the cheaper "Classic Cartoon Favorites" (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, & Chip n' Dale)  :)

Written By: nally on 01/18/05 at 11:04 pm

I don't have Toon Disney, but "House of Mouse" does air on 'The Disney Channel' on the weekdays at 1:30 & 2:00 PM (back to back episodes)  and repeats on 5:00 AM, ironically the same time slot of the long  defunct "Ink & Paint Club". I think it's still on Toon Disney since it's on "The Disney Channel"

Those cartoons also can be seen on the "Disney Treasures"  (about 8 currently available like Mickey, Donald, Pluto, 'On the Front Lines'...WWII cartoons, etc.) DVDs and the cheaper "Classic Cartoon Favorites" (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, & Chip n' Dale)  :)

I just checked, and "House Of Mouse" is still on Toon Disney...at various times during the day. By the way, I do have a couple videotapes of Mickey Mouse cartoons; I've had them for at least 15 years.

Written By: DaMember on 02/07/05 at 8:41 am

I also like "Steamboat Willie", one of the few early Mickey Mouse shorts I can tolerate  :)

Hi, Im tring to find out the name of the classic short where Mickey,Donald and Goofy (a 1937 Ep. I believe) go camping in that trailor, and they have it hooked to the car while Goofy is driving...Donald along the way down the road, cuts the corn out of the feild from outside the window, Mickey milks the cow also from out the window! lol! Then the trailor becomes detached from the car, and runs downhill.

What is the name of the episode? Thanks. :)

Written By: jiminy on 02/07/05 at 4:03 pm

Why did Mickey Mouse divorce Minnie Mouse? :D

Written By: woops on 02/07/05 at 8:39 pm

Hi, Im tring to find out the name of the classic short where Mickey,Donald and Goofy (a 1937 Ep. I believe) go camping in that trailor, and they have it hooked to the car while Goofy is driving...Donald along the way down the road, cuts the corn out of the feild from outside the window, Mickey milks the cow also from out the window! lol! Then the trailor becomes detached from the car, and runs downhill.

What is the name of the episode? Thanks. :)

"Mickey's Trailer" (1938)

Written By: DaMember on 02/08/05 at 1:46 am

Hey thanks! I also like the musical score to it as well as "Fun And Fancy Free" when they are asleep, and the beanstock grows as it carries the house up with it. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/08/05 at 3:58 pm

Why did Mickey Mouse divorce Minnie Mouse? :D

He was seeing other mice? ;D

Howard

Written By: jiminy on 02/08/05 at 4:05 pm

He was seeing other mice? ;D

Howard
She was f***ing Goofy

Written By: Howard on 02/08/05 at 4:27 pm

She was f***ing Goofy

or Donald. ;D

Howard

Written By: woops on 06/09/05 at 10:15 pm

I like the fact it's available on their "Disney Classic Cartoon Favorites" DVD series ("Extreme Adventure Fun") with other great shorts like "No Sail" with Goofy & Donald straded in the middle of the ocean on a small sail boat, "Old Sequoia" with Donald trying to save the tree from two beavers, which both talk like Chip n' Dale, "Good Scouts" with Donald teaching Huey Duey & Louie how to camp in the wilderness...and meets with a bear, and "Trailer Horn"...another Donald cartoon, with Donald Duck on vacation and gets bothered with Chip n' Dale. 

The  sports DVD was OK, but had too much Goofy, though the "How To Play Baseball" was funny and "Goofy Gymnatics" has some funny parts.

Some of the best from "...Extreme Sports Fun":

"Canine Caddy"... when Mickey goes golfing with Pluto and Pluto chases a gopher

"How To Play Baseball"... A fun dimenstration of one of the most popular sports

"The Hockey Champion"...Donald challenges his nephews to a game of hockey

"Mickey's Polo Team"... Mickey's team, including Donald, Goofy, and the Big Bad Wolf (from "Three Little Pigs") are up against some of the popular comedic actors of the '30's including Harp Marx (of Marx Borhters), Laurel & Hardy, and Charlie Chaplin (He was still acting?) to a game of polo. Especially the scene where the ball went inside of Donald, similar to the scene from "Hockey Champion"

"Goofy Gymnastics"... Goofy excerises from a workout kit that he ordered. One scene I liked was when the part towards the end with Goofy holding onto the elatic band thing.

Written By: holicman on 06/18/05 at 8:36 am

Ive got that on Video somewhere.

Goofy is my favourite and always has been :D

Written By: woops on 06/30/05 at 9:11 pm

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/a-c/ccf6m06.jpg

Just got the "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Extreme Music Fun", though doesn't include "The Band Concert", still a good DVD  8) Featuring cartoons that are set to classical & jazz music.

"Mickey's Grand Opera"

Donald Duck & Clara Cluck sings a duet and Pluto messes around with a magic hat which leads to funny results.

"Orphan's Benefit"

...a '40's remake of the '30's cartoon with Mcikey having a show for orphans (mice that look like Mickey). Features Donald reciting "Mary Had A Little Lamb" & "Little Boy Blue" with kids heckling him and other  bits done by Clara Cluck and a dance number with Calarabelle the Cow, Goofy, and Horace (the horse...seen projecting films on "House of Mouse")

Pluto's Blue Note

Pluto wants to sing, and irritated other animals when he tries to join them, and finds a record player and lip syncs to it.

"Woodland Cafe"

A 'Silly Symphony' featuring insects at a swanky nightclub featuring jazz/swing  music of the time.

"Donald's Dilemma"

After getting his head hit by a flower pop, Donald becomes a famous crooner (think Sinatra or Crosby) and Daisy starts going  crazy and tells the story to a therapist. She goes into his concert and throws a pot on his head to get her boyfriend back.

Written By: woops on 11/19/08 at 7:04 pm

Found this on the Toon Zone board.  8) ;D :D

Mickey, acting more like Ignatz from the "Krazy Kat" strips (yeah, I did some research), vs. Hannah Montana

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/JB86/mickey_vs_miley.png

Yesterday, I watched some classic cartoons including "Steamboat Willie", "Plane Crazy", "Building A Building", "Mickey's Suprise Party" (aka Nabisco ad), "Mickey's Trailer", and "Brave Little Tailor".  8)

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/23/08 at 12:28 pm

Found this on the Toon Zone board.  8) ;D :D

Mickey, acting more like Ignatz from the "Krazy Kat" strips (yeah, I did some research), vs. Hannah Montana

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/JB86/mickey_vs_miley.png

Yesterday, I watched some classic cartoons including "Steamboat Willie", "Plane Crazy", "Building A Building", "Mickey's Suprise Party" (aka Nabisco ad), "Mickey's Trailer", and "Brave Little Tailor".  8)

Good one!

My favorite is "Bellboy Donald".

Reason...? They parodied the quote "The Customer is always Right" (Who coined that anyway?) with "The Guest is always Right", Peg-leg Pete's son PJ is debut on here (He's much more different than PJ from "Goof Troop") and this has every gag that Donald Duck runs into in this cartoon. Donald loses his shirt (literally), gets angry, and there's a butt gag in there.

It seems that Donald Duck gets it in the end (literally). 

Check for new replies or respond here...