inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: remember what I think were Mickey Finn cakes?

Written By: saver on 01/18/05 at 6:35 pm

Anyone who grew up in the 60s may remember something I thought were called Mickey Finn cakes on the east coast.
They were like twinkies only taco shaped with the creme on the inside like beef would be on a taco...I think they also made Banana Finn's with banana flavored creme as well!

Subject: Re: remember what I think were Mickey Finn cakes?

Written By: Gilan on 06/08/05 at 5:47 pm

Yes I remember Mickey cakes from the 1960s when I lived in Ohio.  ;D  We used to get the chocolate saucer shape and the banana flips and coconut covered snow balls  white and pink.  All kinds of cakes.  :)  Mom used to get 12 for $1.00 at the day old bakery.  I sure miss those days.

Written By: saver on 06/10/05 at 3:30 pm

Guess I should have added I was in Ohio when I had them ..so another from there remembered(may have also seen them advertised while watching the CAPT.PENNY kids show)in those days. 8) 

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/17/05 at 8:23 pm

Is this the company that made those sweetcakes called Banana Dreams? My aunt really loved Banana Dreams and she cant remember who made them. I asked in the 70's forum, but no one remembers them.

Written By: hammerhead on 07/08/05 at 8:32 pm

Is this the company that made those sweetcakes called Banana Dreams? My aunt really loved Banana Dreams and she cant remember who made them. I asked in the 70's forum, but no one remembers them.

Merita Bakery or one of the divisions of the other divisions of American Bakeries made them

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/09/05 at 2:14 am

Hammerhead, thanks for the info!! I've been trying to find out about those for years! Do you know what year they stopped making them?

Written By: cagey63 on 04/07/06 at 6:38 pm

I am a participant in the world's largest trivia contest, held annually in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. The contest began at 6:00 pm Central and goes til midnight Sunday, here's a weblink www.momsfamilies.com/trivia. One of the challenges we face is identifying images provided by the contest organizers.  One of the images is of a "cartoon" boy whom some have suggested is off of a Mickey Cakes package.  I would like to e-mail this image to someone who could help us identify this character.    Please drop me an e-mail at cagey63@yahoo.com if you think that you can help.  Your help is appreciated.

Check for new replies or respond here...