inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Time Tunnel

Written By: AL-B on 01/26/05 at 8:49 am

I've been catching reruns of a show called "The Time Tunnel" on the Starz Encore Action Channel. It was only on for one season (1966-67), and it's pretty trippy. It's about a secret government project where they have this huge tunnel built in some underground complex for the purpose of experimenting with time travel. Two of the researchers are sent into the tunnel and they wind up traveling though time, but the government scientists can't get them out. In a way, it's similar to "Quantum Leap." I had never heard of this show until I happened to catch it after "The Green Hornet" on the Action channel. Does anyone remember this show?

Subject: Re: The Time Tunnel

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/26/05 at 10:30 am

WOW! Talk about blasting some of my memory....I was 6 but I remember watching that, The Rat Patrol, The Monkees and Get Smart! Here's a link everyone may find informative :)

http://www.tvparty.com/tunnel.html

Written By: tmtrktm on 01/27/05 at 1:00 pm

I remember the show, and they ran the reruns on cable at some unholy time like 5:00am.

I never could understand how the travelers always ended up in the climax of precarious situations AND were adequately prepared for such ;)

Written By: Rex on 02/20/05 at 7:49 pm

I'm old, I'm old... enough to remember that show. If I remember correctly, there were two "tunnelers", which seemed to be the common number at the time: 2 men from UNCLE, 2 spys on I Spy, etc.

Check for new replies or respond here...