inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beatles Movie Poll

Written By: eightieschick53 on 02/03/05 at 9:55 am

My favorite is A Hard Days Night...I just watched it and it is hilaurious.... ;D  ;).

Subject: Re: Beatles Movie Poll

Written By: bj26 on 02/03/05 at 10:37 am

I liked Help, because it had my favorite songs (You've got to hide your love away and You're gonna lose that girl), and it was funny.

Written By: Gaylon on 02/03/05 at 10:52 am

I may be the only one to vote for Let It Be but I enjoyed seeing the Beatles as real people.
It was also interesting to see them at work and hear songs "evolve."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/05 at 11:10 am

I had to vote for Yellow Submarine. That is the first Beatle's movie that I remember seeing as a kid. "I got a hole in me pocket".

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/03/05 at 11:40 am

I voted for Help! because I really enjoyed it and I thought it was funny.

Tanya

Written By: nally on 02/03/05 at 12:15 pm

My favorite is A Hard Days Night...I just watched it and it is hilaurious.... ;D ;).

We have that one on video at home. It gets my vote too. :) ;D

Written By: McDonald on 02/03/05 at 12:51 pm

I voted "Magical Mystery Tour" because that thing is an acid trip and a half... But I also like that album quite a lot.

I like "Let it Be" but it's very sad to see them falling apart... but it includes the famous roof concert which is one of the most important moments in rock history. Imagine being one of the lucky few who happened to be on Abbey Road that day and watching them perform for the last time.

Written By: Howard on 02/03/05 at 2:07 pm

Yellow Submarine :)

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/03/05 at 3:27 pm

I chose "A Hard Day's Night"...but only by a little over "Help!"  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/05 at 1:36 am

Let It Be for it is a real film at real people!

Written By: mandamoo on 02/04/05 at 6:21 am

'Help!' followed closely by' Let It Be'

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 02/04/05 at 6:30 am

The original and best :

A Hard Days Night  :)

Written By: Paul on 02/04/05 at 6:58 am

I like "Let it Be" but it's very sad to see them falling apart... but it includes the famous roof concert which is one of the most important moments in rock history. Imagine being one of the lucky few who happened to be on Abbey Road that day and watching them perform for the last time.

The 'concert' actually took place on the rooftop of Apple HQ in London's Saville Row (just round the back of Regent Street)...apparently, they were kicking up such a racket that the police were called to put a kibosh on the proceedings - if memory serves, I think that's how the 'Let It Be' film ends...(but I've not seen it in a while...)

My favourite? 'A Hard Day's Night'...which sums up Beatlemania perfectly (in fact, the film was going to be called 'Beatlemania' at first, but The Fabs vetoed that idea completely...)

Written By: micah on 02/04/05 at 4:20 pm

They're all fantastic, but 'A Hard Days Night' is the best

Written By: danootaandme on 02/10/05 at 12:33 pm

I liked "Help".  Has anyone out there seen "How I Won the War'?  John played Private Gripweed in
that Richard Lester movie that starred Michael Crawford who has gone on to "Phanthom of the Opera"  fame. It was good in its time, but I'm sure it is very dated now.

Written By: eightieschick53 on 02/10/05 at 8:10 pm

I know orginally I said I liked A Hard Day's Night. However, I saw Help! and I thought it was hilaurious so now I have decided that I like Help! better. There was more humor in it then in A Hard Day's Night and it was just all around more funny. My friend told me that the humor in Help! was different then A Hard Day's Night and I have to agree with her.  Also, in my opinion the ending was much better.

Written By: maddog on 02/11/05 at 2:26 pm

I chose "Help!" because of the bit where all 4 Beatles go into their front doors in what appear to be adjacent houses in a street.
However once they get inside it transpires that it's one great big knocked through house.
As a kid watching that film I thought this was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

I like all the other films also :).

Written By: nally on 01/14/22 at 11:20 pm

My vote still stands with "Hard Day's Night"; it's the only one that I have seen.

Check for new replies or respond here...