inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Woodstock???

Written By: OliverDK on 02/26/05 at 8:04 am

I was born in '71 and usually think of myself as a Child of the 80s, I am however a fanatic in the old Vinyl vs. CD battle, I recently got my hands on a handful 7in singles from the 60s and 70s, among them Joan Baez, Bee Gees and Blue Öyster Cult, listening to Don't Fear The Reaper I seemed to remember seemed to remember hearing a recording of B.Ö.C. at Woodstock.

None of the people I know from that era remembers if I'm right and I can't find anything online, I've got the trible Woodstock album, and B.Ö.C. isn't on, but Greatful Dead isn't either, and I think they were there, I've always wished that I could've been at Woodstock - of cause, at the time I was like -3y.o or something - so I felt like discovering a rare gem, when I found the album in a second-hand store.

Anyway, can anyone help me out here; did Blue Öyster Cult and Greatful Dead play at Woodstock.

Oliver
Denmark

Subject: Re: Woodstock???

Written By: Mona on 02/26/05 at 8:07 am

Greatful Dead--Yes
Blue Oyster Cult--No

http://www.woodstock69.com/Woodstock_songs.htm

Written By: OliverDK on 02/26/05 at 8:10 am

Mona, you're an angle, thanks a million

Written By: Howard on 02/26/05 at 12:50 pm

So,on the website,it shows all the songs that were played at the time of Woodstock in 1969? ???

Howard

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/26/05 at 2:19 pm

I was not there!

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/27/05 at 12:30 pm

if i was there i would have definitly taken the brown acid.

Written By: OliverDK on 02/27/05 at 4:48 pm

if i was there i would have definitly taken the brown acid.

And what was wrong with that Brow Acid anyway??????

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/27/05 at 11:26 pm

And what was wrong with that Brow Acid anyway??????

it gave you bad trips, apparently.

Written By: OliverDK on 02/28/05 at 9:37 am

it gave you bad trips, apparently.

Someone told me that later the warning was retracted, but I don't know if it's true or not

Written By: brian5225 on 03/31/05 at 10:08 am

i for one think that the old vinyls add a certain authenticity to the music versus cds. its just really hard to find a portadle record player to listen to when you go jogging...but i think vinyls are better than cds...despite size

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/01/05 at 10:18 am

Vinyl vs CD debate. CDs are definitely better in terms of quality. In fact, I am replacing all my vinyl on CD. But, there is something about vinyl-maybe it's nostalgic or something. And listening to those pops and skips kind of adds to the "listening to the past" idea. But, if one of my old records had a skip on it, I usually can't listen to it on CD without hearing the skip in my head-like it was part of the song.

Cat

Written By: OliverDK on 04/01/05 at 12:47 pm

I admit that I'm a fanatic when it comes to Vinyl Vs. CD; which is obvious for anyone who've seen my record collection, 5,602 records against maybe ten CDs, but there is a difference; modern music - hate that term - is recorded digitally to begin with, and obviously sounds better on Cd, as well it should, but when you take some artist from the past and do a "Greatest Hits" CD you remaster the original track to a digital format, and somehow something gets lost in the transision.

Take Melanie C (Ex-Spice Girls) as an example; I've got her song "I Turn To You" on 12" vinyl, and her entire album - somewhere - on CD, and she actually sounds a lot better on CD, than on vinyl, because the track had to be remastered to a vinyl-compatible format, changing the whole feel of the song, the same is also true the other way, of cause.

But maybe that's just me.

Check for new replies or respond here...