inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Pre-1960 Scifi or Fantasy Book

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/28/05 at 4:08 pm

I've only read LOTR and some Narnia so I'll say LOTR.  Narnia's trippy  :D

Subject: Re: Best Pre-1960 Scifi or Fantasy Book

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/28/05 at 4:33 pm

read anything by HP Lovecraft. i refer to my sig and avatar. lovecraft defined modern horror/sci-fi from his cthulhu mythos stories he wrote in the 20s and 30s.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/28/05 at 6:40 pm

Tanya

Written By: McDonald on 03/01/05 at 5:16 pm

I chose LOTR because it's simply amazing, but I adore Nineteen Eighty-Four and I think that as far as importance is concerned, it is the more influential of the two. Orwell just might turn out a prophet if we aren't careful.

Written By: McDonald on 03/01/05 at 5:21 pm

There are some other short stories that were really cool. "Flowers for Algernon" was one whose author's name slips my mind, but it was a great story. It was made into a movie named Charlie. "Microcosmic God" is another one that's pretty cool. I don't remember that author either.

One post 1960 novel I adore is Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" which is a masterpiece. I also like "Fahrenheit 451" by Bradbury, and "The Postman" by David Brin.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/02/05 at 7:24 am

Check for new replies or respond here...