inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: i was told jimmy page is better than hendrix. whats your thought?

Written By: brian5225 on 03/18/05 at 3:56 pm

:o i say that hendrix is much better. if there was no hendrix, page probably wouldnt have played the style that he did. hendrix layed the pathway for other guitarists. he had done things that people hadnt even dreamed of.

Subject: Re: i was told jimmy page is better than hendrix. whats your thought?

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/18/05 at 4:15 pm

I can't say any of them are the best... IMO Satriani is the best, Page is indeed better than Hendrix, although nobody else will agree with me on this. Hendrix ruined most of his stuff by sining.. oh god the guy was an awful singer.

At the moment, well Vai is still awesome, as is Satriani, i believe they are playing out in the Far east soon. IMO the two best Guitarists that we hear a lot of, are Kirk Hammett and Kerry King, but then again, i am pretty biased there.

I like Zak Wylde as well, but his style isn't right up my street to be honest, however, you can hear just how good he is.

Sorry, i have jacked your thread here  ;D

No Hendrix is not as good!

Written By: jiminy on 03/18/05 at 4:28 pm

I've always liked David Gilmour of Pink Floyd and Angus Young of AC/DC, I went with Jimmi Page on this poll but I think Eric Clapton should of been included as well

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/18/05 at 5:57 pm

i'm thinking that jimmy page would still have been the master guitarist without hendrix's influence. hendrix did open the door for other guitarists to see their axe as more than just a simple rock instrunment. i voted hendrix btw.

why isn't jeff beck on that list?

Written By: masterjack on 03/20/05 at 8:54 pm

The answer requires comparing apples to oranges. But really, who cares. They both were good at what they did. But I would also add Jeff Beck and Dicky Betts to that list. Just an old guy talking here.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/21/05 at 6:31 pm

Jimi Hendrix. While the others were great, Jimi did open the door for what guitarists could do.

Tanya

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/21/05 at 11:40 pm

I read Jimi Hendrix could never really properly read music? At what stage did he formally learn to play the guitar? Or did he remain 'musically' illiterate his entire life? I sort of agree with you on that one Alcoholica, he wasn't the greatest singers but he still wrote some pretty good songs.

Written By: brian5225 on 03/22/05 at 10:01 am

yeah, actually jimi never learned how to read music. he was musically illiterate his whole life (which wasnt very long).that is what has influenced me not to learn sheet music.it tells me that i dont have to read to be a decent guitar player.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/22/05 at 11:19 pm

yeah, actually jimi never learned how to read music. he was musically illiterate his whole life (which wasnt very long).that is what has influenced me not to learn sheet music.it tells me that i dont have to read to be a decent guitar player.

Still I guess it couldn't hurt you to learn.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/23/05 at 6:41 am

Jimmy Page for me

Written By: nick on 06/16/05 at 12:52 pm

I say jimi is the best, he was on another level then everone else. All the newer players (Vai) are good technally but they dont play with the heart and soul that the older ones did.  I also think their songs just get annoying after a while. Im happy to see srv on thre too!

Written By: holicman on 06/17/05 at 8:05 am

I can't say any of them are the best... IMO Satriani is the best, Page is indeed better than Hendrix, although nobody else will agree with me on this. Hendrix ruined most of his stuff by sining.. oh god the guy was an awful singer.

At the moment, well Vai is still awesome, as is Satriani, i believe they are playing out in the Far east soon. IMO the two best Guitarists that we hear a lot of, are Kirk Hammett and Kerry King, but then again, i am pretty biased there.

I like Zak Wylde as well, but his style isn't right up <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=my%20street" onmouseover="window.status='my street'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">my street</a> to be honest, however, you can hear just how good he is.

Sorry, i have jacked your thread here  ;D

No Hendrix is not as good!

I will agree with you on this, i always have.................Jimmy Page is a musical genius !!!!!!!!!

Written By: holicman on 06/17/05 at 8:08 am

i'm thinking that jimmy page would still have been the master guitarist without hendrix's influence. hendrix did open the door for other guitarists to see their axe as more than just a simple rock instrunment. i voted hendrix btw.

why isn't jeff beck on that list?

Page was on the scene earlier than Hendrix and had the sense to continue his career without the need for excessive boozing and hardcore drugs.

If Hendrix had enough self control he might still be alive today.

Written By: schmartypantz on 06/17/05 at 10:19 am

ohhh, I believe Page did his, yours and my share of hardcore drugs.

Page is a great guitarist. Hendrix gets my vote.

Written By: brian5225 on 06/22/05 at 8:51 pm

yes i agree, jimi should have slowed on the drugs, but you know illegal drugs arent what killed him. and i do agree that page is a very good guitarist, i dont believe he had the influence that hendrix had. hendrix is a legend. sure, page was playing when hendrix was, but was he pumping out records in 67 as experimental as hendrix? i bvelieve that music would be much different without hendrix. i also find many of pages licks to be monotonous. he was a good guitar player, but hendrix played with his heart and soul in his music. his feelings flowed out his fingertips, and into his music. he had a passion for the music, that i find no other guitarist to have. people tell me that hendrix was overrated. i feel he was underrated. he had a passion kindling inside him. he had something no other guitar player to date has found. to color outside the lines, to experiment. to let the music lead you and not to lead the music. he let the vibes take control of him and his talent, and succeed in doing something unbelievable, that no other guitarist or musician had done. the only other guitar players that i can think about (post hendrix) to be able to put all of his soul in his music is stevie ray.im sorry, but i have to say the greatest and most influential guitarist of all time has to be Hendrix. listen to little wing, voodoo child, and watch him on woodstock. when he breaks into a solo at the end of purple haze, its all improv. Hendrix was a god.

BEK

Written By: memory on 06/24/05 at 7:11 pm

jimmy page was the best in my opinion..

is it just me or do alot of people post about led zeppelin?

just shows how great they are.

Written By: brian5225 on 07/05/05 at 1:32 pm

no it doesnt show how great they were, it just shows how popular they are. dont get me wrong, i love zeppelin. but an example. i feel that the beatles had very limited musical talent. just because they are popular, doesnt mean their great. for example. rap is popular. wheres the greatnes or talent in that?

Written By: hot_wax on 07/05/05 at 11:16 pm

:o i say that hendrix is much better. if there was no hendrix, page probably wouldnt have played the style that he did. hendrix layed the pathway for other guitarists. he had done things that people hadnt even dreamed of.

He was not all that good, you can't call reversing the guitar his stings on his guitar a big innovation to a new guitar sound...it sound like crap unless you were on LSD, although he was a good showman. I rank him as talented as Elvis with a guitar and he only knew 3 cords.

Who was not on that list, and was the mentor for all of these guys, is Chuck Berry.   

Written By: brian5225 on 07/11/05 at 7:51 pm

how can you actually say that hendrix only knew 3 chords. that is such an outright dumb statement that i think im going to die laughing. yes chuck berry was a great influence, but not only did hendrix reverse his strings, he was the first to play that style. the first to play with that much distortion. the first to put that much music out in such a short period of time (over 50 albums, not including greatest hits compilations) please, if anyone has the name of any guitar player that had as much or more influence than hendrix, played his style before him, and was as experimental as him please tell me the name of this person, (and he better have played before 66, (when hendrix started playing what he did)) and im sorry, but maybe you need to listen to a few more songs than just fire. just because he played only a few notes on that song, doesnt make him less talented. try listening to voodoo child, little wing, the stars that play with laughing sams dice, all along the watchtower, just to name a few. and if you come back here and post a reply with the same attitude, that jimi was no more talented than elvis...then you can eat $h!t and die.

BEK

Written By: hot_wax on 07/11/05 at 9:01 pm

how can you actually say that hendrix only knew 3 chords. that is such an outright dumb statement that i think im going to die laughing. yes chuck berry was a great influence, but not only did hendrix reverse his strings, he was the first to play that style. the first to play with that much distortion. the first to put that much music out in such a short period of time (over 50 albums, not including greatest hits compilations) please, if anyone has the name of any guitar player that had as much or more influence than hendrix, played his style before him, and was as experimental as him please tell me the name of this person, (and he better have played before 66, (when hendrix started playing what he did)) and im sorry, but maybe you need to listen to a few more songs than just fire. just because he played only a few notes on that song, doesnt make him less talented. try listening to voodoo child, little wing, the stars that play with laughing sams dice, all along the watchtower, just to name a few. and if you come back here and post a reply with the same attitude, that jimi was no more talented than elvis...then you can eat $h!t and die.

BEK

HA!HA!HA!...now that's not nice. Did you ask for a thought on who was better? So what's your problem? did you expect that everyone liked Hendric's style of playing the guitar?...Well think again...He was only a good showman who had "Eye Appeal" on stage to a white audience, he dressed like a Hippy, unusual for a Black Artists to dress in a Hippy style for that time and because of that he could do no wrong with his guitar playing good or bad as it may be, to his new found fans...but in the end, his popularity and his drug taking was sending the wrong message as/per the CIA and that was the end of Jimi!   

Chuck Berry wasn't on the Poll and he was my choice for the best Rock N' Roll guitarist and I meant that Elvis was more talented only knowing 3 cords!

Now you eat KAA KAA...HA! Ha! Ha!

Hot Wax

Written By: brian5225 on 07/16/05 at 6:34 pm

eat kaa kaa. really inteligent dude. and no i didnt think that everyone would like his guitarmanship (if thats a word. but i feel that you are completely out of line comparing him to elvis. talent wise, or musically. either way, there is no comparison. and chuck berry, though his influence huge (andi admit, his influence was a gynormous part of what music is today), was not that good of a guitar player. he was pretty good, but i know many guitar players personally who are better guitar players than him.

BEK

Written By: hot_wax on 07/16/05 at 11:29 pm

eat kaa kaa. really inteligent dude. and no i didnt think that everyone would like his guitarmanship (if thats a word. but i feel that you are completely out of line comparing him to elvis. talent wise, or musically. either way, there is no comparison. and chuck berry, though his influence huge (andi admit, his influence was a gynormous part of what music is today), was not that good of a guitar player. he was pretty good, but i know many guitar players personally who are better guitar players than him.

BEK

You asked, I gave you an opinion that you didn't like so you told me to "eat sheesh and die" now that was the real inteligent statement here, no, lets tell it like it is, that wasn't inteligent at all, that was really a dumb-ass statement by you, but I replied in a good natured way seeing that that only an idiot would say something like that and kept my cool for the sake of the other people reading your post and this reply and wouldn't lower myself to snap back at you and tell you to go f--k yourself, it's in bad taste, but if the shoe fits like does, wear it. 

In closing I really couldn't give a rats ass one way or the other on Jimi Hendricks because I didn't like him and the couple albums I did have of him I played once, I couldn't listen him sing or play, and traded them for a couple of joints. He was not a great guitarist, loud and only good at best, and shouldn't be compared with Jimmy Page or Chuck Berry who was the real innovator in creating guitar riffs that were copied by the best of them with respect to the originator.

Now it's your turn again...

HOT HOT HOT WAX 

Written By: TasDvl9 on 07/18/05 at 4:08 pm

Hot wax,
  You're an imbecile. How's that for an intelligent response?

After you get passed your 3 chord progressions then perhaps you can critique guitar players, until then keep playing the instrument you play best which is the skine flute.

Written By: TasDvl9 on 07/18/05 at 4:18 pm

I will agree with you on this, i always have.................Jimmy Page is a musical genius !!!!!!!!!

Satriani's singing is pitiful compared to Hendrix's.

And if Hendrix wasn't as great as most intelligent musicians seem to think he was then why are we still discussing him 35 years later? Riddle me that all you people who seem to think page is better.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/18/05 at 8:37 pm

Hot wax,
  You're an imbecile. How's that for an intelligent response?

After you get passed your 3 chord progressions then perhaps you can critique guitar players, until then keep playing the instrument you play best which is the skine flute.

You sound like an immature lowlife un-intelligent juvenile...yeah, your just a stupid kid, shut-up and grow up...you just don't get it about the 3 chord metaphor...I played in bands with very good and some better than professional guitarists, I'd say I forgot more than you'll ever learn when it comes to knowing good and great guitarists...and I don't want to lower myself to your level in making juvenile insults back at you...I'll just accept the fact that your ignorant.

Written By: Taz on 07/20/05 at 3:43 pm

You sound like an immature lowlife un-intelligent juvenile...yeah, your just a stupid kid, shut-up and grow up...you just don't get it about the 3 chord metaphor...I played in bands with very good and some better than professional guitarists, I'd say I forgot more than you'll ever learn when it comes to knowing good and great guitarists...and I don't want to lower myself to your level in making juvenile insults back at you...I'll just accept the fact that your ignorant.

You can accept the fact that I'm ignorant, hot wax.  That doesn't hide the fact that you're a cretin who's still probably struggling to come to terms with the obvious truth which is you can't play, so you feel the need to bash legendary guitar players in order to feel better about your worthless self.  Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it, dolt. ;)

Written By: brian5225 on 07/20/05 at 8:18 pm

yeah you know whats funny? i just turned 15, and i feel i am actually a little bit...no a lot more intelligent. And if your reasoning and intilect werent shrouded with the haze of pot, and any other drug you take,, maybe your replies would be a little more credible.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/22/05 at 4:58 pm

Page was on the scene earlier than Hendrix and had the sense to continue his career without the need for excessive boozing and hardcore drugs.

If Hendrix had enough self control he might still be alive today.
Oh brother...no one is PERFECT as far as personal lives....:p

And Jimi Hendrix could do LOTS more with a guitar than Jimmy Page(who is good in his own way)could! I suggest listening to the Axis:Bold as Love CD as well as Are You Experienced...and really LISTEN....

Written By: danootaandme on 07/23/05 at 3:01 pm

Oh god,  Jimmy Paige, the wart on the music world, is known by one and all as a music thief. 
He stole every lick he ever played.  That is why they were sued, and lost.  Because they were
claiming to have written songs that had already been written by Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson
Robert Johnson and  Leadbelly  They figured they could run away with the song and the royalties.
Hendrix, on the other hand was original and considered great by all of his peers.  While Paige
got sneers, Hendrix got cheers.  And about the drug thing, Paige is only alive by luck.  He had
a serious heroin problem that came close to killing him, (self control?...please...)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/05 at 6:12 pm

Jimi Hendrix was a guitar PIONEER...all Page did was recycle old blues stuff.

Eric Clapton could deliver some serious guitarwork too...Listen to ANY stuff by Cream...and his work with Derek and the Dominos...as well as his solo stuff...

and he covered Jimi's LITTLE WING with Derek and the Dominos...

If Hendrix was s***, do you honestly think others would do covers of his songs?

Written By: danootaandme on 07/24/05 at 7:06 am

Jimi Hendrix was a guitar PIONEER...all Page did was recycle old blues stuff.

Eric Clapton could deliver some serious guitarwork too...Listen to ANY stuff by Cream...and his work with Derek and the Dominos...as well as his solo stuff...

and he covered Jimi's LITTLE WING with Derek and the Dominos...

If Hendrix was s***, do you honestly think others would do covers of his songs?

Ditto ditto ditto... Hendrix was the the inovator, but given a choice I think I would listen to Clapton over and
over and over again.  He is the living master. ;)

Written By: Anonymous9 on 07/27/05 at 12:33 am

Hey guys I've been reading this topic and so far no one can really come to a GOOD answer or reason for which guitarist (Jimmy Page or Jimmy Hendrix) is better.

Let me start off by saying both guitarists were GREAT for their time and there music still stands out today.

As far as the Jimmy Page hate goes (which I've been hearing a lot)…
Jimmy Page is one of the most popular guitarists there is. Not because he stole 2 or 3 songs not counting his vast collection of his own material (Which is actually more popular) but because he was good at what he did. He didn’t steal every lick he played he was influenced by other guitarists yes but if your saying that there’s some other band out there that played Stairway To Heaven or Heart Breaker even close to the way Jimmy Page did then you are mistaken. His licks did sound bluesy…So what! So did Jimmy Hendrix’s and Eric Clapton’s and most of the classic rock bands that were very popular in their time. This doesn’t mean that either of them, Jimmy Page or Jimmy Hendrix, didn’t know how to make there own material.

I think what most people don’t understand is that both guitarists were extremely revolutionary. Most people are to obsessed with trying to express there feelings for which guitarist they think is the best to realize the creativity of both guitarists.  Both of them came up with revolutionary ways to play the guitar. Jimmy Hendrix was of course a master of distortion and Jimmy Page had lightning speed, catchy licks, and besides that I never heard of anyone besides Jimmy Page playing their guitar with a violin bow.

Lastly I would like to say that Jimmy Hendrix did in fact have influences to. But that’s what made his music so great. Jimmy Hendrix was influenced by Chuck Berry, James Brown, Albert Collins, Bob Dylan, Buddy Guy and more. Saying he had no interests or inspiration is more of an insult than a compliment. Yes his music was revolutionary and new for his time and it was GREAT but saying that he was uninspired by EVERYONE just doesn’t due him justice to what he expresses in his music which took a lot more than three chords to do so.

In my opinion I would have to say my favorite guitarist is Jimmy Page. I think I’ve already explained why. Basically he was a great guitarist all in all. He was almost as popular as he was skilled. I think he was very complex in his music which shows a talent that few posses. When I say that Jimmy Page is my FAVORITE guitarist it’s because that’s what polls like this are. Not which guitarist do you think is more skilled but which is your favorite.

Written By: TasDvl9 on 07/27/05 at 11:19 am

Hey guys I've been reading this topic and so far no one can really come to a GOOD answer or reason for which guitarist (Jimmy Page or Jimmy Hendrix) is better.

Let me start off by saying both guitarists were GREAT for their time and there music still stands out today.

As far as the Jimmy Page hate goes (which I've been hearing a lot)…
Jimmy Page is one of the most popular guitarists there is. Not because he stole 2 or 3 songs not counting his vast collection of his own material (Which is actually more popular) but because he was good at what he did. He didn’t steal every lick he played he was influenced by other guitarists yes but if your saying that there’s some other band out there that played Stairway To Heaven or Heart Breaker even close to the way Jimmy Page did then you are mistaken. His licks did sound bluesy…So what! So did Jimmy Hendrix’s and Eric Clapton’s and most of the classic rock bands that were very popular in their time. This doesn’t mean that either of them, Jimmy Page or Jimmy Hendrix, didn’t know how to make there own material.

I think what most people don’t understand is that both guitarists were extremely revolutionary. Most people are to obsessed with trying to express there feelings for which guitarist they think is the best to realize the creativity of both guitarists.  Both of them came up with revolutionary ways to play the guitar. Jimmy Hendrix was of course a master of distortion and Jimmy Page had lightning speed, catchy licks, and besides that I never heard of anyone besides Jimmy Page playing their guitar with a violin bow.

Lastly I would like to say that Jimmy Hendrix did in fact have influences to. But that’s what made his music so great. Jimmy Hendrix was influenced by Chuck Berry, James Brown, Albert Collins, Bob Dylan, Buddy Guy and more. Saying he had no interests or inspiration is more of an insult than a compliment. Yes his music was revolutionary and new for his time and it was GREAT but saying that he was uninspired by EVERYONE just doesn’t due him justice to what he expresses in his music which took a lot more than three chords to do so.

In my opinion I would have to say my favorite guitarist is Jimmy Page. I think I’ve already explained why. Basically he was a great guitarist all in all. He was almost as popular as he was skilled. I think he was very complex in his music which shows a talent that few posses. When I say that Jimmy Page is my FAVORITE guitarist it’s because that’s what polls like this are. Not which guitarist do you think is more skilled but which is your favorite.

Granted both guitar players made a huge contribution to music in general and rock n roll more specifically.  I was a huge Zeppelin fan in my teens and was always awe stricken when I would slip in "The Song Remains the Same" into my vcr and try and get a handle on what Page was doing when he would improvise.  There's no doubt that Page was an incredibly skilled guitarist

And now there's Hendrix.  I could go on and on about why I think Hendrix is my favorite but I'll just list a few.

Hendrix's chord voicings on his songs were so unique for the time he was living in that even today artists such as Steve Vai and Eric Johnson said that musicians today can barely imitate what he was doing.  I'll skip discussing his use of feedback as an artistic means to convey his emotions through his instrument because everyone realizes that.  The riffs Hendrix used in his solos have been coped so many times they have become a rock n roll cliche.  Even Page lifted a couple of Hendrix's signature riffs for his solos.  Yes, I'm aware that everyone copys riffs and incorporates them into their own style I'm just pointing out that Hendrix influenced probably every other guitar player back in his day.  He was also a gifted song writer much like Robert Plant but keep in mind that Hendrix wrote his songs, played them and sang.  I don't think I've ever seen Page sing a song he wrote while he played the guitar. I'm not saying he can't..  Just that I've never seen him do it.  Hendrix also made enormous leaps with the production of his songs.  This is evident on almost every song on "Electric LadyLand."  Up to that point all records being produced lacked that quality that distiguished the artist from other artists aside from singing.

Hendrix always strived for something different like Page did.  He didn't want to be known for playing the guitar with his teeth or behind his back. It was these type of performances that frustrated him later on in his career. 

Both guitar players probably were solely responsible for popularizing the instrument of their choice. Page with the Les Paul and Hendrix with the Stratocaster.  Like I said earlier I admire both of these guitar players but Hendrix is still my favorite.  Personally, I think Page's acoustic stuff is much better than his electric compostions but that's just me. 

Hendrix and Page were extremely skilled during the height of their careers and I'm sure will continue to be worshipped eternally.

Written By: Anonymous9 on 07/28/05 at 10:38 pm

wow Tas you quoted my whole post! lol

Well Yea you seem to get my point they were both really great and they both also have there own reasons for being the best.     

Oh and just for the record I think there was actually a CD that Jimmy Page made (Not in Led Zeppelin) Where he sang aswell as played the guitar.   

Written By: TasDvl9 on 07/29/05 at 10:33 am

wow Tas you quoted my whole post! lol

Well Yea you seem to get my point they were both really great and they both also have there own reasons for being the best.     

Oh and just for the record I think there was actually a CD that Jimmy Page made (Not in Led Zeppelin) Where he sang aswell as played the guitar.   

Yeah, it's really hard to choose my favorite guitar player between these two because both are phenominal artists.  I use the word "artist" here because both transcended the "guitar player" title.  Heck, Page was probably the inspiration why most kids wanted a les paul and when they got it they wore it slung way down low to their knee caps!  And Hedrix was probaby the reason kids wanted to see how many interesting sounds they could coax out of their instruments.  Words simply cannot describe how great these two were :)

Written By: brian5225 on 08/03/05 at 8:08 pm

thank you TonyStewart, Danoot, Taz, and anonymous. i started this poll, wondering peoples opinions, and how they backed their opinions. everyone, up untill you, did not actually give a reason why they liked one over the other. and furthermore, you all acknowledged the talent of both., and anonymous, just for the record, i know he was influesnced. i never said he wasnt inspired, or influenced. but he made it happen. you all have credible answers. and even though Hendrix is my favorite, anonymous, you are the first person who i respect your opinion very much. and you know what your talking about. and thank you taz, i thought i would be arguing with a mindless druggie with no evidence to back his claims for much longer. anyway, i appreciate all of your opinions.

peace,
BEK

Written By: Kyle on 08/04/05 at 3:56 pm

Man i just heard all these bootlegs and unrealeased recordings of hendrixs...shoot i looked at him as a great guitarist before but now he is just un human...there is this recording of him improvising with these other guys that werent in his band  and its just so crazy how he was doing this stuff...all hendrix had before him for inspiration was the blues greats and a few others but this stuff he was doing just came from no where.  Hendrix was it man, there will never be another. its just not possible...and if you disagree then you need to stop listening to the radio only...hendrix knew what was up. I cant even explain what imagination it took for him to do this stuff...it was 40 years ago and he was only almost 28 when he died.  He did what he did and inspired just about single F***ing guitarist that came up after him...you cant compare

listen to machine gun too...its pretty rad.  jimmy page stole a riff from that song and put it in no quarter.  that song is sweet too.

Written By: Jimmy Knight on 08/09/05 at 7:47 pm

That just your opinion. You can argue forever talking about what hendrix did and jimmy didnt and what jimmy did and hendeix couldnt or never did. But you got to remember, both of thoes guitarest did some amazing things, and as me as a guitarest I can say that with one and without the other it would give me a completely diffrent out look on guitar and music... I think its safe to say that Hendrix and Pagey both where very creative and both very talented and they both changed the guitar and music world forever.

Jimmy Knight

Written By: brian5225 on 08/10/05 at 8:01 pm

i agree. although i favor hendrix much much more, because i feel that he was much more innovative than page, in the end, its all a matter of opinion. the were both excellent.

BEK

Written By: Kyle on 08/19/05 at 4:20 pm

http://www.perfectsoundforever.com/v/2005033/features/145   < check that out....its all true too. I dowloaded all those songs and compared them.   Jimmy page is still good though...just sorta plaigerist

Check for new replies or respond here...