inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone help? What song is this :)

Written By: _Jess_ on 03/24/05 at 6:52 am

Hi there!  :)

I'm trying to find this song for my dad  :) In the first line it says something like "Look at me, I'm 17, I was makin' a scene", which is all he really knows (he may have some of the words wrong). At the end of the song the singer repeats "I'm a star, I'm a star".  He said it was a male singer, possibly a band, or a one hit wonder.

Supposedly it came out around 1974 (he thinks). I thought I should post this here too just in case it's older than that  :)
It was on the radio now and again. He said he heard it twice or 3 times and he hasn't heard it since. I haven't heard this song myself.
It sounded a bit like Bay City Rollers or the Cowsills, but we can't figure out who sings this or the name of the song.  He said it was very catchy and upbeat. 
He knows the tune of it though, which isn't much help on a forum  ;D

I know this is a realllly hard one, but if anyone can help that would be great!

Thankyou  :)

Subject: Re: Can anyone help? What song is this :)

Written By: bj26 on 03/24/05 at 10:43 am

Here are 2 ideas, but they are good songs anyways:  Sly & the Family Stone, Everybody is a Star, circa early 70s.

Also the 'I am 17' lyrics you mention are  in Sixteen going on Seventeen from Sound of Music!

Subject: Re: Can anyone help? What song is this :)

Written By: zcrito on 03/24/05 at 8:39 pm

Jess, your profile says you're from New Zealand.
So this song was heard in New Zealand?

::)

Check for new replies or respond here...