inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rare song can't find it anywhere

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/30/05 at 7:04 am

Despite the fact it was on a movie which won the Academy Award for Best Picture, the most prestigious award a movie can get, the song I'm looking for is, because of the obscure artist is hard to find. It's called 'Old Man Willow' by Elephants Memory, from the film 'Midnight Cowboy'. I heard the song and it sounded pretty cool - trippy and all (it was the song played during the party scene near the end). Since the Midnight Cowboy Soundtrack is only available online and usually out of stock, and I really just want that song, does anyone have that MP3? If you forgot, it's called 'Old Man Willow' by Elephants Memory, an obscure experimental psychadelic rock band from the late 60s. I've checked all the websites.etc...but nothing. Since they, to my knowledge, don't receive royalties anymore it won't hurt anyone...And it's just one track after all. If you can't find it...don't worry it's no big deal, there's no harm trying.

Subject: Re: Rare song can't find it anywhere

Written By: Gaylon on 04/30/05 at 8:36 am

Didn't Elephants's Memory back John Lennon when he came over to New York after the Beatles break up?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/05 at 11:34 am

On this site you can here 7:04 minutes of it-I don't know if that is the entire song or not.

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,131090,00.html

btw, you can get the soundtrack at Amazon and they are in-stock and most of the prices are under $10.

Cat

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/01/05 at 7:00 am

I managed to find it...don't ask me how but I did.

Check for new replies or respond here...