inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mildred Pierce

Written By: Phantom Jessica on 05/08/05 at 3:34 pm

Anyone else seen it? What do you think of it?

I've seen it once before and I adored it. I couldn't find it anywhere though to buy it, so I kind of forgot about it and the plotline. But Turner Classic Movies is showing it right now so I'm watching it again. Joan Crawford is excellent in this movie and Ann Blyth is a total b*tch as Veda.

Two thumbs up.

Subject: Re: Mildred Pierce

Written By: hot_wax on 05/10/05 at 2:31 am

Anyone else seen it? What do you think of it?

I've seen it once before and I adored it. I couldn't find it anywhere though to buy it, so I kind of forgot about it and the plotline. But Turner Classic Movies is showing it right now so I'm watching it again. Joan Crawford is excellent in this movie and Ann Blyth is a total b*tch as Veda.

Two thumbs up.

I was flicking back and forward on the TV and caught the scene when the daughter slapped Joan Crawford the face and ran up the stairs...that's it, I don't know any else of the movie or what it's about...I think it's a movie for chicks only.

I didn't know the name of that actress who played her daughter, but I do know that she played the wife of Lou Gehrig in the movie and she was born and raised in Maplewood NJ...that's all!

Hot Wax

Written By: zcrito on 05/11/05 at 1:50 pm

I was flicking back and forward on the TV and caught the scene when the daughter slapped Joan Crawford the face and ran up the stairs...that's it, I don't know any else of the movie or what it's about...I think it's a movie for chicks only.

I didn't know the name of that actress who played her daughter, but I do know that she played the wife of Lou Gehrig in the movie and she was born and raised in Maplewood NJ...that's all!

Hot Wax

A chick flic?
I've never seen it, but you may be right...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037913/ratings#reports

::)

(Looks like it was directed by Michael "Captain Blood"+"Casablanca" Curtiz -- not bad)

Written By: ralfy on 11/18/15 at 11:57 am

"Remembering Joan Crawford’s ‘Mildred Pierce’ on its 70th Anniversary"

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/joan-crawford-mildred-pierce-70th-anniversary-1201619298/

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/21/16 at 12:36 am

Where the hell was I to miss this thread! Mildred Pierce is one of my favorite Joan Crawford films (I've seen so many of hers and am in THREE JC fanclubs)
I absolutely love this film. It was done beautifully, the themes are so deep and truthful. I always cry when Kay dies (spoiler alert) and I love watching Veda slap the sheesh out of Joan!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4a/ec/a9/4aeca90567b4375337c37c8c22793b6e.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...