inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm watching the Elvis Presley TV movie right now...it answers your past topics!

Written By: hot_wax on 05/08/05 at 10:06 pm

Tonights TV movie "Elvis" is correct on what he did for Rock N' Roll. Is was the "King". I hope you are watching it and answers those questions on past topics about the pioneer days of R & R.

Every Rock N' Roll singer or band owe Early Elvis for what we have today, he took the blows and did it his way for R & R...the Beatles and even today's Rappers owe him great tribute of gradtitude for what he did for them...am I right?

The "Elvis" TV movie's conclusion will be Wednesday 5/11 CBS (channel 2 in NY), watch it!

Hot Wax       

Subject: Re: I'm watching the Elvis Presley TV movie right now...it answers your past top

Written By: max on 05/11/05 at 9:14 pm

what was the last song played on tonight's special

Subject: Re: I'm watching the Elvis Presley TV movie right now...it answers your past top

Written By: MA B on 05/11/05 at 9:17 pm

Yes, the special was, better than expected. I saw Elvis in his, "comback tour in Duluth, MN, the summer of 1976, about a year before hs died. It was one of the best concert I have ever seen....
God Bless the King..........

Written By: MA B on 05/11/05 at 9:20 pm

Yes, the special was, better than expected. I saw Elvis in his, "comback tour in Duluth, MN, the summer of 1976, about a year before he died. It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen....
God Bless the King..........

Written By: hot_wax on 05/11/05 at 10:46 pm

Max, I've heard it a few times, but I didn't like any of his songs in his come back years and that was one of them. He sang songs that were not "cool". Early Elvis was cool and all his new stuff was not the "Elvis type" songs like back in the early years...like the songs he sang on his TV special, they were, and still are, the best songs ever made, lyrics that changed a culture and made Rock n' Roll a separate entity in the music world...and was crowned the "King" for it.

I did learn a couple things watching this movie version of his career (this is about the fifth one since he died) and I give him a pass on his career choice on going to Las Vegas and started his new look by wearing those spaceman outfits...so "un-cool" for the "King of Rock n' Roll". I didn't know that he was pushed in that direction by Parker and it wasn't his first choice to make his come back...to bad , maybe if he did things on his own he'd be alive today...and "cool" again foreverafter...and me back as a fan.

Hot Wax

Written By: max on 05/12/05 at 1:52 am

i loved the last song played and was wondering if anyone knew the title of the song

Subject: Re: I'm watching the Elvis Presley TV movie right now...it answers your past topics!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/12/05 at 12:26 pm

Tonights TV movie "Elvis" is correct on what he did for Rock N' Roll. Is was the "King". I hope you are watching it and answers those questions on past topics about the pioneer days of R & R.

Every Rock N' Roll singer or band owe Early Elvis for what we have today, he took the blows and did it his way for R & R...the Beatles and even today's Rappers owe him great tribute of gradtitude for what he did for them...am I right?

The "Elvis" TV movie's conclusion will be Wednesday 5/11 CBS (channel 2 in NY), watch it!

Hot Wax         

He didn't take any blows. Chuck Barry, Little Richard, Fats Domino and others took the blows for R and R, while Elvis glided though. The truth hurts. Today's Rappers owe the aforementioned, not Elvis, for their opportunities.

Enough with the Elvis movies already!

Tanya

Written By: max on 05/12/05 at 5:52 pm

no candy on the title of the last song played last night?

Written By: danootaandme on 05/12/05 at 5:57 pm

He didn't take any blows. Chuck Barry, Little Richard, Fats Domino and others took the blows for R and R, while Elvis glided though. The truth hurts. Today's Rappers owe the aforementioned, not Elvis, for their opportunities.

Tanya

Yes and Yes again.  It is a made for tv entertainment, not a definitive biography.

Subject: Re: I'm watching the Elvis Presley TV movie right now...it answers your past topics!

Written By: hot_wax on 05/12/05 at 8:52 pm

Tanya

Tanya, being half right is all wrong...please get it all right!

Hot Wax

Written By: max on 05/12/05 at 11:01 pm

does anyone want to help? i feel ignored. last song elvis special.

Written By: hot_wax on 05/13/05 at 10:01 pm

does anyone want to help? i feel ignored. last song elvis special.

Sorry Max, I don't what the name of the last song was in his special...maybe someone else can help?

Hot Wax

Written By: Scotch on 05/21/05 at 1:39 am

IF I CAN DREAM is the song, and the actual performance by Elvis blows away what you saw from the actor.

I wish the mini-series had gone more into detail as to why Elvis wanted a message song like this to end the special. MLK and RFK had been assassinated within the previous months of the taping of the special and this deeply affected Elvis. "If I Can Dream" was written for Elvis because he wanted to convey a message of hope during the troubled times.

Written By: Scotch on 05/21/05 at 1:56 am

Tanya

Elvis "glided through" ???

You obviously have no idea as to what Elvis went through. Learn some history and then you might understand why B.B. King himself said of Elvis, "They didn't make a mistake when they called him King".

Elvis recorded "That's All Right" and "Blue Moon of Kenticky" in the summer of 1954. Listen to the originals by Arthur Crudup and Bill Monroe to see what a revelation Elvis' recordings were. While B.B. King and Fats Domino were already well known, Chuck Berry and Little Richard didn't break out nationaly until 1955. Elvis gave credit to the R&B pioneers numerous times, even saying, "Let's face it: I can't sing like Fats Domino can. I know that."

Written By: hot_wax on 05/25/05 at 10:33 pm

Elvis "glided through" ???

You obviously have no idea as to what Elvis went through. Learn some history and then you might understand why B.B. King himself said of Elvis, "They didn't make a mistake when they called him King".

Elvis recorded "That's All Right" and "Blue Moon of Kenticky" in the summer of 1954. Listen to the originals by Arthur Crudup and Bill Monroe to see what a revelation Elvis' recordings were. While B.B. King and Fats Domino were already well known, Chuck Berry and Little Richard didn't break out nationaly until 1955. Elvis gave credit to the R&B pioneers numerous times, even saying, "Let's face it: I can't sing like Fats Domino can. I know that."

Now that's more like it Scotch! it sounds like you know your stuff...Tanya! you stir that pot good girl, I love it! com'on! are you up for a good debate?, tell us more.

Hot Wax

Check for new replies or respond here...