inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beatles song

Written By: eightieschick53 on 05/25/05 at 4:35 pm

I personally think "The Long and Winding Road" is a beautiful song from the Beatles...does anyone else agree with me? I find it sad because when Paul McCartney is singing it he sounds like he is going to cry!  :( I think he was thinking about all the good times him and the other Beatles had together, since it was the last song they recorded as a group, or at least I think it was anyways.

Subject: Re: Beatles song

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 12:57 am

I personally think "The Long and Winding Road" is a beautiful song from the Beatles...does anyone else agree with me? I find it sad because when Paul McCartney is singing it he sounds like he is going to cry!  :( I think he was thinking about all the good times him and the other Beatles had together, since it was the last song they recorded as a group, or at least I think it was anyways.
It was a great song....but the last song they ever recorded was "Come Together" off of the Abbey Road LP ;)

Written By: holicman on 05/26/05 at 4:59 am

As i got older, i grew to love this tune...................my favourite is Hey Jude.
It is such a sad song to me, with lyrics sung brilliantly by Paul Mcartney,but what sends shivers up my spine are the vocal harmonies provided by george and John,especially in the chorus section.

Wonderfully haunting ballad :)

Written By: danootaandme on 05/26/05 at 6:16 am

Play that and "On Our Way Home" and you kind of see how much they cared about each other even as things were falling apart.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 7:17 pm

Play that and "On Our Way Home" and you kind of see how much they cared about each other even as things were falling apart.
Do you mean "Two Of Us?"

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/26/05 at 11:38 pm

Do you mean "Two Of Us?"

She definitely means that one! I'm not into the long and winding road too much.

Tanya

Written By: Paul on 05/27/05 at 6:53 am

I find it sad because when Paul McCartney is singing it he sounds like he is going to cry!  :(

He almost did when he'd found out what Phil Spector did to it...!!

Written By: schmartypantz on 06/01/05 at 10:42 am

The Long and Winding Road is a great song performed beautifully by the Beatles. I really like Let it Be, though I understand that many consider it their weakest album.

Written By: Everlong on 06/01/05 at 8:10 pm

She definitely means that one! I'm not into the long and winding road too much.

Tanya

Me neither- it's nice, but I prefer Across the Universe.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/01/05 at 10:56 pm

Me neither- it's nice, but I prefer Across the Universe.

Now that's a great one! I know it's corny and all, but I love to hear it as I lay on some freshly cut grass and admiring the sky.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/02/05 at 12:42 am

She definitely means that one!

Tanya
Cool, I thought there was one I'd never heard :o ;)

Written By: Carrie on 06/02/05 at 3:29 am

I prefer Across the Universe.
Me too. That and Blackbird are my favorite songs I think.
I also really like The Long and Winding Road as well. There are so many good songs to choose from...

Written By: memory on 06/06/05 at 4:40 pm

The Long and Winding Road is a great song performed beautifully by the Beatles. I really like Let it Be, though I understand that many consider it their weakest album.

i dont think its their weakest album,its got let it be , two of us , accross the universe ,  get back , and the long and winding road on it. thats alot of good songs on it.

my favorite beatles song is probably lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Written By: PennyLane0630 on 09/02/05 at 6:58 pm

I personally think "The Long and Winding Road" is a beautiful song from the Beatles...does anyone else agree with me?

It was a great one, no doubt about it. I couldn't pick one Beatle song as my fave if my life depended on it, but I always liked 'I'll Follow the Sun'. It was a nice little ditty....diddy...whatever!  :-*

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/06 at 11:54 am

All The Beatles song have their own charm in there own way.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/27/06 at 1:57 am

All The Beatles song have their own charm in there own way.
spoken like a true Englishman  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...