inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Donald Duck's 70th Birthday!!!

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 06/09/05 at 10:42 pm

70 years ago today, "The Wise Hen" (or a similar title) premiered and featured a irritable duck who later became one of the most popular Disney Cartoon characters ever!!!  :D  8)

Unfortunately, Disney Channel nolonger air old cartoons, but could be seen on DVDs ("Walt Disney Treasures: Chronilogical Donald Duck: 1934 to 1941", "Disney" Classic Cartoon Favorites: Donald").

Though the network airs "House of Mouse", which was a recent show featuring classic characters from various Disney animated movies & shorts.  8)  :D

Any favorite Donald Duck cartoon or anything you like to share?

Subject: Re: Donald Duck's 70th Birthday!!!

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 06/09/05 at 10:49 pm

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/d-f/eaf01.jpg

A clip from "Good Scouts" featuring Donald with Huey, Dewy, & Louie (1938)

One of my favorite cartoons, which featured the scene with Donald being chased by a bear and gets stuck on an erupting geyser  :D  ;D

Written By: nally on 06/10/05 at 12:13 am

I've seen lots of Donald Duck cartoons...I don't know that I have a favorite.. ;D Often times you could hardly understand a word he's saying! :D

By the way, are you sure it wasn't 71 years ago? Because I do remember hearing that he was created in 1934...I could be wrong. :-\\

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/10/05 at 7:38 am

Alright Donald !  Happy Birthday  :)  He was cool, not like that wimp, Mickey  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/05 at 12:20 pm

Happy Birthday Donald!

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 06/10/05 at 3:56 pm

I've seen lots of Donald Duck cartoons...I don't know that I have a favorite.. ;D Often times you could hardly understand a word he's saying! :D

By the way, are you sure it wasn't 71 years ago? Because I do remember hearing that he was created in 1934...I could be wrong. :-\\

You're right, he's 71.  :)

I should've gotten my math right...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/05 at 11:01 am

You're right, he's 71.  :)

I should've gotten my math right...
...and how old are his nephews now?

Written By: chaka on 06/11/05 at 11:06 am

Alright Donald !  Happy Birthday  :)  He was cool, not like that wimp, Mickey  ::)

totally agree!!
;D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/12/05 at 7:13 pm

Gotta love the duck.  Happy birthday, Donald!

Check for new replies or respond here...