inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: singers of Woodstock

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 07/04/05 at 10:30 pm

I like a couple of them. Like, Jimi Hendrix,Janis Joplin, & wasn't Jim Morrison of The Doors in it too?

Subject: Re: singers of Woodstock

Written By: Carrie on 07/05/05 at 2:49 am

Performers were Richie Havens, Joan Baez, Arlo Guthrie, Melanie, Tim Harden, Ravi Shankar, John Sebastian, Country Joe McDonald, Sweetwater, The Incredible String Band, Bert Sommer, Santana, Canned Heat, Mountain, Janis Joplin, Sly & the Family Stone, The Grateful Dead, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Who, Quill, Keef Hartley, Jefferson Airplane, Joe Cocker, Country Joe & the Fish, Ten Years After, The Band, Johnny Winter, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Sha-Na-Na and Jimi Hendrix.

No Doors though.

Written By: bj26 on 07/05/05 at 6:52 am

The Grateful Dead, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Blood, Sweat & Tears, The Band, The Who,        Arlo Guthrie and Sha-Na-Na 8)

Written By: Dude111 on 12/26/17 at 3:43 am

I have this on VHS...... I love EVERY SONG on it!! (And its not even the whole list)

Woodstock 69 is gold in every way!!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/26/17 at 6:48 am

I have this on VHS...... I love EVERY SONG on it!! (And its not even the whole list)

Woodstock 69 is gold in every way!!!!!!!

So you have the entire 3 day concert from 1969? ???

Written By: Dude111 on 12/26/17 at 7:18 am

Well its about 180 Mins total......... Its NOT the entire concert back to back but its alot of it......... THE BEST MUSIC EVENT EVER HOWARD!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/26/17 at 7:43 am

Well its about 180 Mins total......... Its NOT the entire concert back to back but its alot of it......... THE BEST MUSIC EVENT EVER HOWARD!!!

I believe they have the whole concert on YouTube the 3 day event.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/26/17 at 11:43 am

I believe they have the whole concert on YouTube the 3 day event.

Nope. Not even close. I'm not even sure every performance was filmed in it's entirety, certainly not usable footage of everyone. It was the 60s, the cameramen were as spaced out as everyone else. They pieced together what they could (and what they were allowed) for the film. Even the original three album set that came out actually has some performances that were NOT from Woodstock, believe it or not. For example, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's performance of "Sea of Madness" on the album is actually from the Fillmore East in September 1969, several weeks after Woodstock! This was a very 60s thing to do. They played fast and loose while assembling the album from available material. Much of Woodstock now only  exists in people's memories and imaginations.

Similarly with the Concert For Bangla Desh film. The concert took place in August 1971, and by the time the film was released in March 1972 it was a composite of the early and late shows, and, for whatever reason, the cameras designated to film the audience did not produce any usable footage, so the audience shots you see in the movie are actually of another audience from some random concert.

Check for new replies or respond here...