inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Teddy Boys

Written By: Mullet-Head on 07/04/05 at 11:00 pm

The First subculture to come out of Britain were the Teddy Boys. The hairstyle they sported was known as the ducks Arse. It was a brillcreamed look that formed a ducks arse at the back. They wore Edwardian suits. These guys predated the Rockers

Subject: Re: Teddy Boys

Written By: hot_wax on 07/06/05 at 12:57 am

The First subculture to come out of Britain were the Teddy Boys. The hairstyle they sported was known as the ducks Arse. It was a brillcreamed look that formed a ducks arse at the back. They wore Edwardian suits. These guys predated the Rockers

Mullet-Head, why the name Teddy Boys? if they were in the USA they would be called Greasers for the vasoline or crisco used in their duck-ass hair-dos. Was it for the Edwardian suit look? A pack of Luckies rolled up in a tee-shirt sleeve, levis dungarees, engineer boots and black leather motorcycle jacket was their style... oh yeah! and a 3 inch black leather belt that were nailed with cleets into them for decoration but was really a disguise for the weapon it was.

What was their M O? and again, why Teddy Boys? it doesn't sound tuff like Greaser that sounds street tuff.

Hot Wax   

Written By: Mullet-Head on 07/07/05 at 7:29 pm

Mullet-Head, why the name Teddy Boys? if they were in the USA they would be called Greasers for the vasoline or crisco used in their duck-butt hair-dos. Was it for the Edwardian suit look? A pack of Luckies rolled up in a tee-shirt sleeve, levis dungarees, engineer boots and black leather motorcycle jacket was their style... oh yeah! and a 3 inch black leather belt that were nailed with cleets into them for decoration but was really a disguise for the weapon it was.

What was their M O? and again, why Teddy Boys? it doesn't sound tuff like Greaser that sounds street tuff.

Hot Wax   

Greasers as you said actually evoled from Teddy boys. They were known as rockers in Britain. The Teds traded in their Edwardian suits for leather jackets.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/08/05 at 10:12 pm

Greasers as you said actually evoled from Teddy boys. They were known as rockers in Britain. The Teds traded in their Edwardian suits for leather jackets.

Do you know who gave them the name "Teddy Boy"? and what was it in reference too? 

HW

Written By: TheLurkerKing on 08/20/05 at 4:51 pm

Here is the American answer. I don't know who gave them the name, but supposedly they got the name, because their clothes were of the Edwardian style. And because Teddy is a variation of Edward, thus the name Teddy boys.

Written By: hot_wax on 08/21/05 at 9:45 pm

Here is the American answer. I don't know who gave them the name, but supposedly they got the name, because their clothes were of the Edwardian style. And because Teddy is a variation of Edward, thus the name Teddy boys.

OK! I guess that works. Thanks! I thought the Mods and Rockers and/or Teddy Boys were all cool for not being stiff upper lip Brits as their reputations were known to be here in the USA.

Do any kids today identify themselves as Teddy Boys? or do any of the old Teddy boys still exsist today in their old hang-outs? you know what I mean, do any still live in a time warp like some of the old hippies over here who still think it's still 1968 now sporting pony tails with their bald heads, water buffalo sandles and tied died tee shirts popping out of their now size 46 waist denims living the life of "Cheech and Chong"?

Hot Wax   

Check for new replies or respond here...