inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Graduate

Written By: Guest on 07/29/05 at 12:58 pm

Has anyone seen the movie The Graduate? It is a very good movie, it stars Dustin Hoffman, Anne Bancroft and Katharine Ross. It is about a boy who has an affair with his father's partner's wife and then gets involved with her daughter as well. I have this movie on DVD, have watched it numerous times and I just enjoy it so much. It was also turned into a Broadway play as well, I have heard.  I wondered if anyone else saw it and enjoyed it as much as I did. 

Subject: Re: The Graduate

Written By: Guest on 07/29/05 at 12:59 pm

By the way, this is eightieschick53, I was having problems with my internet and everything I did on it was erased. :P  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/05 at 1:02 pm

I saw it. Personally I don't understand what all the hype about it was. It was ok but I don't think it was THAT great. I also read the book and didn't care too much for that either. I just read something about it and looking at it from a 2005 perpespective, the guy was a stalker.

Cat

Written By: bj26 on 07/29/05 at 1:53 pm

I liked the music expecially in the background for the scenes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/05 at 1:56 pm

The Graduate was filmed in the 60s when the subject matter featured in the film was a taboo subject, and it broke new grounds at the time.

The music of Simon and Garfunkel does set into the film well, and on my first viewing I enjoyed the movie.

Written By: PennyLane0630 on 09/02/05 at 5:38 pm

Has anyone seen the movie The Graduate? It is a very good movie, it stars Dustin Hoffman, Anne Bancroft and Katharine Ross. It is about a boy who has an affair with his father's partner's wife and then gets involved with her daughter as well. I have this movie on DVD, have watched it numerous times and I just enjoy it so much. It was also turned into a Broadway play as well, I have heard.  I wondered if anyone else saw it and enjoyed it as much as I did. 

I saw it for the first time when I was 16. I thought it was pretty good because I loved Dustin Hoffman. When I was 17 I went to see it again, but couldn't get in because the film ratings had come out and you had to show proof you were 18! Bummer! >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...