inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bosko...Hit or Miss

Written By: woops on 07/30/05 at 3:22 pm

Is anybody familiar with an early Warner Bro. cartoon character named Bosko, who's basically a Mickey Mouse rip off without the big ears? (Also a  caricatured stereotype, but he's no offensive than the mentioned cartoon Mouse, IMHO  :))

I found a DVD from Cartoon Craze, which featured a couple of Bosko cartoons, and most were So & So, "Bosko Shipwrecked" & "Big Man From The North" were interesting, but most of it were typical 30's cartoons where it's mostly singing and rubber hose animation, which is fun to watch, but only once in a while and most, from what I've seen, are bland.

Don't get me wrong, I like some 30's cartoons like Betty Boop, Popeye, Porky Pig, and several Disney cartoons featuring Mickey, Donald, & Goofy, a few Silly Symphonies, and Donald Duck.

Subject: Re: Bosko...Hit or Miss

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/05 at 3:38 pm

Who the heck is Bosko?

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 07/30/05 at 3:45 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosko

The last time they aired his cartoons were on Nickelodeon in the '80's.

Written By: woops on 07/31/05 at 8:21 pm

Remember the "Tiny Tunes Adventures" episode where Babs Bunny  was looking for Honey ,her idol...and also Bosko's girlfriend.

Though they were drawn like dogs...

Only a few people & animation buffs are probably familiar with Bosko...

Wasn't anything great...just felt like posting to see if anybody remembers Bosko & Honey (blatant Mickey & Minnie ripoffs)

Check for new replies or respond here...