inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Cruise'n"...is it still alive and well?

Written By: hot_wax on 08/04/05 at 12:02 am

It's Friday night and it's time to "Cruise" the Strip and Car Hops. That's what every guy or girl did that had wheels in the 50's and 60's. Slow riding the hot spots and blasting thier favorite Rock N' Roll AM radio station hoping to score a new love, some just to show off their "Hot Rods" some looking for a drag race and others just do it because it's Friday night...do you remember those nights? do the kids still Cruise today?

Subject: Re: "Cruise'n"...is it still alive and well?

Written By: bj26 on 08/04/05 at 6:36 am

Everybody cruises Lake City Way in Seattle 8)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/05/05 at 5:35 pm

It seems like anymore the Man is passing anti-cruising ordinances, where the cops will park in a certain spot and ticket you if they see your vehicle pass them more than twice in a given amount of time.

You're under 21, (and not in school), you can't drink, you can't smoke, and now you can't cruise...what the hell are you supposed to do for fun?  ???

Written By: gord on 08/06/05 at 6:48 pm

It's still alive and well in my part of Canada, my buddies all did it. I still go out occasionally and cruise up down the same strip except now it's on my bike. The kids now do the same cruise as we did, they don't blast am radios, booming systems that make my ears hurt ;)

Written By: hot_wax on 08/08/05 at 9:55 pm

It seems like anymore the Man is passing anti-cruising ordinances, where the cops will park in a certain spot and ticket you if they see your vehicle pass them more than twice in a given amount of time.

You're under 21, (and not in school), you can't drink, you can't smoke, and now you can't cruise...what the hell are you supposed to do for fun?  ???

Wow!! you got'a be kid'n! where are you writing from Russia? do they really come down on you for driving around in your car today? it's was a fun time, what do they expect from the kids today...It makes me feel assamed of my generation who dream up all these stupid laws to control your life, did they forget that they where kids too and probably first in line crusing on Friday nights back in the 60's? and now want to stop their kids...real hippocrates.  I'm curious now to see if my town has an anti-cruising law, I'll get back to you La Sine...This pisses me off! it's not fair, what's their reason for bumming the kids out?...AAAHHHH!! 

Hot Wax

Written By: hot_wax on 08/08/05 at 10:19 pm

Everybody cruises Lake City Way in Seattle 8)

Now Seattle is a cool city! Lake City Way sounds real cool, keep up tradition and hats off to your local politians and the police department for not having a" no cruising law" like La Sine Pesroh's town has and let you kids be kids.

H W

Written By: hot_wax on 08/08/05 at 10:30 pm

It's still alive and well in my part of Canada, my buddies all did it. I still go out occasionally and cruise up down the same strip except now it's on my bike. The kids now do the same cruise as we did, they don't blast am radios, booming systems that make my ears hurt ;)

Bike? I like that! I got to try it...and hooray for the Canadian Bros'...keep on cruise'n!

H W 

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/15/05 at 1:12 am

Wow!! you got'a be kid'n! where are you writing from Russia? do they really come down on you for driving around in your car today? it's was a fun time, what do they expect from the kids today...It makes me feel assamed of my generation who dream up all these stupid laws to control your life, did they forget that they where kids too and probably first in line crusing on Friday nights back in the 60's? and now want to stop their kids...real hippocrates.  I'm curious now to see if my town has an anti-cruising law, I'll get back to you La Sine...This ticks me off! it's not fair, what's their reason for bumming the kids out?...AAAHHHH!!   

Hot Wax
I'm not certain if they have this law in effect here in KC, but I can tell you for a fact that Omaha, NE has had an anti-cruising law for at least 10 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...