inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 12 Days Parody, was it Allen Sherman?

Written By: dnix71 on 08/15/05 at 9:25 pm

My parents had a comedy album and one of the songs was about the 6-Day-War, but done as a Christmas/Hanukkah parody. It got the author in so much trouble I can't even find a reference to it anymore.  :-X The 8th day was a 'telephone con-hbomb" followed by 7 million dollars, 6 guided missiles, to hell de da de da"

It sounds like something Allen Sherman would have done, but the published lyrics for the 12 Gifts of Christmas don't match.

Does anyone remember who did this and the rest of the song?

Subject: Re: 12 Days Parody, was it Allen Sherman?

Written By: dnix71 on 08/17/05 at 7:20 pm

Found it finally. It was the Chad Mitchell Trio "Singing Our Mind/Reflecting". The second day was Rudolph Hess' blessings, Day three was 3 anti semites. OY, no wonder it was unpopular.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/20/05 at 7:34 am

Found it finally. It was the Chad Mitchell Trio "Singing Our Mind/Reflecting". The second day was Rudolph Hess' blessings, Day three was 3 anti semites. OY, no wonder it was unpopular.

Of course, you know who one of the members of the "Chad Mitchell Trio" was, son't you?

John Denver.

They were one of the many folk song groups of the era, mostly doing songs there were humerous, and sometimes political.  I much prefer their song "Super Skiier", which I listened to all the time growing up.

Maxwell should love the B side of that single, it was "Lizzie Bordon".

"Cause you can't chop your pappa up in Massachusetts,
Massachusetts is a far cry from New York!"

Written By: MaryMary on 08/20/05 at 4:45 pm

Soupy Sales had one.

Check for new replies or respond here...