inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beatles movies?

Written By: PennyLane0630 on 09/02/05 at 7:36 pm

I loved them all.....of course!  :D

Subject: Re: Beatles movies?

Written By: Valhalla on 09/02/05 at 8:57 pm

the one i like isn't on your list....Let It Be.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/02/05 at 9:34 pm

I chose "A Hard Days Night" as it was, IMO, a masterpiece...."Help" was a fun movie that I would choose 2nd followed by "Let It Be" and "Yellow Submarine"

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 09/03/05 at 8:52 am

A Hard Day's Night

Masterpiece it indeed was  :)

Help! was just so much pulp....great music though  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/05 at 8:55 am

I have always prefered The Magical Mystery Tour.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/05 at 11:11 am

It has been decades since I have seen any of the movies. I would have to watch them all again to give an answer.

"I got a hole in me pocket".  :D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/05 at 11:14 am

It has been decades since I have seen any of the movies. I would have to watch them all again to give an answer.

"I got a hole in me pocket".  :D

Cat
My son when he was younger loved The Yellow Submarine, like you I fancy watching it again.

Written By: star500 on 09/03/05 at 12:21 pm

I personally loved Help! My friend loaned me her copy and I watched it and laughed my head off. This would be followed by A Hard Day's Night. I haven't seen Yellow Submarine or Let It Be but I have heard Let It Be was very sad since it dealt with the break up of the Beatles. I can't comment on the Yellow Submarine, however, I found a link a couple of months ago that will show you the trailer for the movie. The link is: http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/trailer.html?v_id=55749

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/05 at 12:27 pm

From the given list, I have voted for Yellow Submarine.

Written By: Southern Image on 09/27/05 at 11:55 am

Yellow Submarine

Written By: bj26 on 09/27/05 at 1:00 pm

They also made a movie of Magical Myster Tour that I believe only aired in the UK.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/05 at 1:17 pm

They also made a movie of Magical Myster Tour that I believe only aired in the UK.
As far as I know it has not been repeated.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/27/05 at 7:24 pm

I chose "A Hard Day's Night" as it just worked more seamlessly than Help! or Yellow Submarine.
Help! - I agree, had great songs - but I just enjoyed it for those reasons. I think it was relying too much on a James Bond theme to really work well as a film.
Yellow Submarine - Since I never saw it as a child, I can't really get a grasp on it all that much.
Magical Mystery Tour - This was fun, but very, very strange. I sort of lost my patience with a few scenes - but it sure was colorful!
Let It Be - Was a tad bit depressing, but then again, it was nice to see them just acting as themselves and who they really were.

And truly the best of them, Beatles Anthology :0)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/27/05 at 7:45 pm

I love them all.

But, I love Help! for some cheesy reason.

Check for new replies or respond here...